+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    hello ladies, I'm checking back in at the tail-end of my 2ww. I'm 12dp3dt and finally caved and did a pregnancy test on First Response. It was a BFN It's still 3 days before my blood test but I'm feeling devastated. I wish I didn't test...ignorance really is bliss. A tiny bit of me still holds out hope that I could still get a positive but I can't shake the funk I'm in right now. I thought I was mentally prepared for whatever the result but realise now I was just deluding myself. It's hard. It's much harder getting a BFN on an IVF cycle than a natural cycle. I didn't realise how much hope I invested into this cycle, even though statistically I know it takes a few tries on IVF. I was really hoping I could be first-time lucky. To all you superwomen out there who have been through this more than once, I really salute you. The only silver lining that comforts me right now is that the other egg they managed to retrieve made it to frozen embryo stage, so I have one more go before I have to undergo the full treatment again. This is so much harder than I thought.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @MsQueenie I just want to give you a big hug hun. What your feeling is completly understandable, I think we have all been through the same feeling. Its a rollercoaster ride and I've had my fair share of crying pretty much throughout every stage of this journey. So take your time hun and when your ready to have another go we'll all be here supporting you. Hoping that is your golden egg xx

3. The Following User Says Thank You to hopefulangel1987 For This Useful Post:

MsQueenie  (29-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Any experiences with primary IVF #5

Hugs @MsQueenie,

Sorry to hear about that. It's so so hard emotionally not just physically. Have a good cry and take time out to love yourself hun. Nothing we say will take that hurt away. Know that you are not alone and that's why we have our little family on here.

Just know that we will be here to cheer you on when you are ready to come back on the FET train. Having an embie that made it to frostie stage is half the battle won I think so don't give up! We will be here by your side too!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to VickyP For This Useful Post:

MsQueenie  (29-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Primary cost

Hey ladies

Can someone please clarify the cost of your first cycle and following FET after that. Slightly confused. Have been told it's roughly $900 for the first as that includes the day surgery fee. So what about a FET?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @hope123 its $600 plus the meds (not that expensive from memory). FET's have no charge.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @hope123, if you are on a natural FET, it's pretty much all bulk billed. If you are on a medicated FET there might be some gap costs for meds but I'm not 100% sure cos mine was a natural FET cycle. And then maybe there's some costs for Crinone or Oripro (the progesterone) if you need to pick them up. Crinone was cheaper I think - $30+ after subsidy but Oripro was more expensive $60+ a box after subsidy.

Hope that helps!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you @hopefulangel1987 and @VickyP. Everyone is so kind and supportive on this forum. I got my period today so I called the nurse to check if I still need to do a blood test and she said yes. I asked if I could do a FET in the next cycle and the nurse said I have to wait for my ovaries to recover. Did you ladies have to wait long between a full IVF cycle and a FET? I want to let my poor ovaries recover but also anxious not wanting to waste time.
    @hope123, my meds were about $160 and the crinone was about a bit over $30 for 2 boxes (30 applications). My health insurance covered the $600 day surgery fee.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @MsQueenie, take care of yourself first and most importantly!

About the wait, no, I don't think you can start immediately. Typically there will be a 1-2 month wait in between. That's because you can't do a FET until you see the FS again and get your consent forms signed and there's a Medicare rule that you can do that only after 30 days from your last treatment (i.e. First day of your stim cycle previously). That rule automatically bumps it out.

So what I'd suggest, call Primary up now and make an appointment to see the FS. They will be able to tell you when is the next available date that you can do so. We call it the WTF appt.

At the appt, the FS will decide if you will be on a natural or medicated FET cycle and then get you to sign the consent form. So call them and see?

In the meantime, rest up lots hun!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @MsQueenie sorry to hear that but at least u still have a frozen embie! Rest them for the next fight!

On a separate note, has anyone been prescribed clexane?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can I also ask what dosage you ladies have been put on as well? Thx