+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 50 12311 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Any experiences with primary IVF #5

@Giraffez it called a horemone replacement therapy (HRT) Frozen transfer
    its for people who don't ovulate regularly. The estrogen primes the lining without ovulation, hope that makes sense.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cassidy For This Useful Post:

Giraffez  (23-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Last edited by SimSam8; 16-10-2016 at 21:25.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @SimSam8 sorry to hear that. I think this is something ur hubby needs to manage and talk to his sister about. Or maybe ur hubby can tell the parents who can then talk to his sis? talk to ur hubby and I'm sure he'll understand. He might also be feeling the same!

Thanks
    Reviews

Last edited by SimSam8; 16-10-2016 at 21:26.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @SimSam8 why don't u ***** to her about ivf then lol? Maybe she might get the hint

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey I didn't know the forum automatically *** my words lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey @hopefulangel1987, are you seeing your GP now? How did you get your referrals for your BTs? If you are seeing a GP, then he/she should have suggested a "dating scan" which usually takes place 6-7 weeks. That's when they can detect a HB and determine whether the pregnancy is a viable one. (I would say 6.5 weeks is good - too early and they might not detect a HB yet and that can stress you out unnecessarily) At Primary, they call it a "viability scan" after which you see the FS and "graduate" with referrals. I am presuming in your case, just go to the GP and they can refer you for the scan and then you just have to decide whether you are going private or public.

I gave up on getting info out of Dr SG, @Montaz - it's a lost cause for me, no point stressing out over it to be honest. It's much easier to hop on here and chat with everyone. LOL.

I'm sorry to hear about your very VERY insensitive SIL - how annoying! The fact that she chose to whine to you seems to indicate that she doesn't have anyone else to do so, given that you both just got onto better terms. I would think maybe she will have friends around her age who she can whine to. Strange. But that's just so insensitive - can't stand people like that.

I would say:
    1) respond with short answers - don't indulge her. e.g. "oh, sorry to hear that. hope you feel better soon." after a few times, maybe she won't get any gratification whining to you and might stop.
    2) delay your response - "oh, sorry for late reply, was busy at work. hope you are better now." again, don't give her any gratification.
    3) I agree with @Giraffez - b***h to her about IVF (and exaggerate it if you want to) - "oh really? i feel very bad from my meds too, been throwing up all morning. think I might have to go to the hospital later because my legs are weak"

Does that help?

Thanks
    Reviews

Last edited by SimSam8; 16-10-2016 at 21:26.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Any experiences with primary IVF #4

Yup @SimSam8, sounds like she's desperate to have someone to whinge to and hear her out. So yes, she's definitely desperate to get some some sympathy so I think a good approach is not to give it to her so it doesn't encourage her to take it further. I would say try a combination of
    (1) delay responses
    (2) acknowledge but vague responses.

She is obviously craving the attention, given the way she's always turning it around to be about her. Another technique might be to direct it to someone else especially your MIL. So you appear helpless (and at the same time vague) - "oh really? Sounds bad. Hey, why don't you ask (mum) how she dealt with it last time? She would know better than me!"

If I think of anymore ideas, I will let you know.

Edit - brainwave: why don't you suggest to her to join a forum on bubhub? (Just obviously not our thread) maybe a due in group. Let her know how awesome it is and say that you can't give her answers but others can on here and they are of better help!
    Last edited by VickyP; 24-09-2016 at 07:07.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to VickyP For This Useful Post:

SimSam8  (30-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @SimSam8.. it sounds like ur SIL may not be aware that she's being insensitive to u when she's whinging about her MS and her pregnancy hun. Some people just aren't aware and they dont know how we feel- the struggles to get pregnant.
    So my advice is to let her know tbh.. in a non- confrontational way. Maybe say to her: You know SIL, I am really sorry to hear you're having a hard time with ur pregnancy. I'm alittle emotional at the moment with all the ivf meds and just hearing u talk about ur pregnancy problems makes me a little upset. I wish I could have the nausea, the constipation, the fatigue. I want all of that. You are very lucky to have no problems falling pregnant.

I don't know if that msg will get through to her but some times, we have to let them know. If she continues to complain and whinge, then some distance away is good. You have to look after urself hun. I know u dont want to jeopardise the relationship, but the work and effort has to come from both sides, not just from ur side. If she doesn't want to ruin the relationship, then she'll be more sensitive to u when it comes to her pregnancy.

Best of luck hun
    Xx

13. The Following User Says Thank You to tjuls For This Useful Post:

SimSam8  (30-09-2016)