+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I have for Nk it's normal for larger guidelines but abnormal for my doctors guidelines. Offered the infusions of egg and saline or whatever but got pregnant next month then lost it. I have hypothyroidism. But it's under control. I think I did Ana I'll check that. What does it stand for?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would definitely look at doing the intrilipids if your nk cells are coming up high on your dr's guidelines ! His would be the ones to go by not the broader ones as his would be more correct for pregnancy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well what is so frustrating is one of my Drs says nk cells don't affect getting pregnant and miscarriages and one swears by it. It's so frustrating to me. One says I'm okay and another says too high. I've learned I have to be my own advocate. That's for sure!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Id definitely be listening to the one who is saying it's too high as I've seen many ladies doing multiple transfers with oe and de with no success and have gone on to finally having further testing done to find that they have high nk cells and be treated for them and to finally get a positive, this is one area I would throw the kitchen sink at

Thanks
    Reviews
    Okay thank you. They mentioned the intralipid infusions. I planned on trying first transfer. Then that failed, wanted to do it for second one. Had a spontaneous pregnancy and that lasted until 13 weeks. Of course just did second transfer and chemical. We have no idea why I lost 13 week baby. The clotting could have been a reason. I didn't think nk cells would affect 13 week baby but who knows. The clotting I had was bizarre. 6 cm and there was four of them. We have no idea why as I have no clotting disorders. But nk could be reason for 3 years of infertility for sure. And now a chemical. I plan to call dr tomo and meet with the one who said they were abnormal. I saw where clexane and steroids can be used too. They only mentioned the infusions though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would do the infusions, clexane and prednisone that way everything is covered, high nk cells can affect the baby at 13 wks, generally once your into the second trimester most babies are ok but some ladies have to continue the clexane and prednisone well into their pregnancies, and also some ladies have to have the infusions in the 2nd Tri as well, it depends on how high the nk cells are, I would definitely push for the other two to be added to your protocol as well !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine were 22.3. Normal on the wide spectrum is up to 31 but my doctor says anything above 8.1 is abnormal.
    I cannot get in clear research on this either

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes but I don't think you can go by the wide spectrum as that's also just a guideline, it's like tsh for example, mine was within the "normal" range at 2.8 at its highest but I had all the symptoms, so my dr prescribed me thyroxine and my symptoms went and I hovered around 1, which is great for ivf as well, so just because your within the "normal" clinical range doesn't mean it's normal for your body either, I would definitely go with the more proactive dr and throw everything at it as you have gone the conservative way and it hasn't worked.
    Last edited by stacey10; 06-10-2016 at 09:40.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree with TSH. that is how my numbers were. They were at 3.5 when pregnant and I thought it was too high. He upped my dosage and never took me back down after we loss baby. I'm sure he has reasonings.
    I'm meeting with dr next Friday for infusions scheduling. They said 3 weeks before transfer is best time then every month after. If pregnant.