+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Self Employed and applying for PPL

Hello,

Just wondering what evidence anyone who is self employed or does work for a family business had to supply when applying for PPL? Also were you successful in receiving the payment?

I'm unsure if I should bother applying or not, within the 13 months leading up to my due date I would have done 6 months of contracting to a couple of businesses along with work for my husbands business. I don't feel like like I would qualify but am being told by others I should still apply.

I never applied when I had my son as I received paid maternity leave from my then employer and was then made redundant. So I'm unsure of the process!

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm subbing because I was wondering the same thing. The centrelink website said You're entitled but how do you go about applying and proving. I'm not pregnant just yet but currently trying.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I work for myself at home, very irregular hours. I applied online, entered my income from 2015 tax return and ppl was approved no questions. Dd was born in February this year and all ppl was paid smoothly.

I'd apply and see if they ask for any more information to prove if you qualify, I've never heard of them asking for more info though

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I am pretty sure being self employed does qualify.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Definitely qualifies. I did a combination of self-employed work and casual work, and wasn't required to provide any evidence.