+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I miscarried my twins but I got my bfp at 7dpo. And I started having ms at 5 weeks. So that made me suspicious!

Thanks
    Reviews
    On the flip side, I got an early BFP and strong early pregnancy symptoms with one of mine. I was convinced I was having twins but nup, only one baby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bon000000 View Post
    That is eerie does she normal have ESP?? I have read a lot o women just feel it.
    I totally believe she is gifted 😃

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Did you know you had twins before the scan confirmed it??

Different situation for me as I always knew twins was a high-ish chance (had a double embryo transfer). My first inkling was from getting a squinter bfp at 9dpo (DS was 10dpo), then in 24 hours the line got darker much quicker than with DS. I came out of the bathroom and said to DH and my mum with a grimace, "erm, I think it might be twins". I'd also had two days straight of implantation cramping prior to that, which I didn't get with my DS, but I just knew it meant something good was happening, rather than specifically twins. Anyway, when I had my bloods, even though the levels were definitely much higher than average for a singleton, they were still well within singleton range, plus they only doubled in something like 42 hours, whereas with DS they doubled in around 33, so based on that I thought, nope definitely just a singleton. My friend and I theorised that I might have even had a vanishing twin.

I had a few little incidents of spotting/minor bleeding after that, and the last time it happened at 6+4 I freaked out a bit and managed to get an early scan. Two sacs, two beans, two HBs! I wasn't shocked or anything, knowing in the back of my mind it was always a good chance, but I was still a bit surprised, not to mention scared/freaking out.

After that, the only real differences in early preggo symptoms between my singleton and twins was that I actually had some nausea (with DS I didn't really get anything), no vomiting though, and instead of the constipation I had with DS, I was actually having bouts of diarrhoea some days (sorry for TMI), probably due to hormone levels being so high.

29+5 now, and so far so good, touch wood.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sariele View Post
    Different situation for me as I always knew twins was a high-ish chance (had a double embryo transfer). My first inkling was from getting a squinter bfp at 9dpo (DS was 10dpo), then in 24 hours the line got darker much quicker than with DS. I came out of the bathroom and said to DH and my mum with a grimace, "erm, I think it might be twins". I'd also had two days straight of implantation cramping prior to that, which I didn't get with my DS, but I just knew it meant something good was happening, rather than specifically twins. Anyway, when I had my bloods, even though the levels were definitely much higher than average for a singleton, they were still well within singleton range, plus they only doubled in something like 42 hours, whereas with DS they doubled in around 33, so based on that I thought, nope definitely just a singleton. My friend and I theorised that I might have even had a vanishing twin.

I had a few little incidents of spotting/minor bleeding after that, and the last time it happened at 6+4 I freaked out a bit and managed to get an early scan. Two sacs, two beans, two HBs! I wasn't shocked or anything, knowing in the back of my mind it was always a good chance, but I was still a bit surprised, not to mention scared/freaking out.

After that, the only real differences in early preggo symptoms between my singleton and twins was that I actually had some nausea (with DS I didn't really get anything), no vomiting though, and instead of the constipation I had with DS, I was actually having bouts of diarrhoea some days (sorry for TMI), probably due to hormone levels being so high.

29+5 now, and so far so good, touch wood.
    Congratulations!! Just the knowing feeling of having twins seems to be the most common thing! It's amazing! Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy, delivery and early days

Thanks
    Reviews
    My husband is convinced we are having twins. I have a tiny feeling that we are but im trying not to entertain it at the moment! Just hoping there is at least one in there this month!
    Can't wait to find out! Enjoying reading this thread!

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Different situation here but I transferred two embryos and had lots of signs of multiples (and everyone who knew was SURE it would be twins) but I just knew it would be one baby, and at 6 weeks we just saw the one sac and baby as I thought!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Evelynn View Post
    My husband is convinced we are having twins. I have a tiny feeling that we are but im trying not to entertain it at the moment! Just hoping there is at least one in there this month!
    Can't wait to find out! Enjoying reading this thread!
    How long till you have a scan and find out?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow road View Post
    Different situation here but I transferred two embryos and had lots of signs of multiples (and everyone who knew was SURE it would be twins) but I just knew it would be one baby, and at 6 weeks we just saw the one sac and baby as I thought!
    I guess you just know

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a doctors appointment today so will schedule an ultrasound in the next couple of weeks.. still only 5.3 weeks so might wait till 7 weeks to have an ultrasound.