+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 67 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Week ended 24/7/2014100 Posts in a week
    Hi lovelies.

I couldn't fit lollies or vodka in after my cheese toastie. Life is hard

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by HearMeRoar View Post
    Hi lovelies.

I couldn't fit lollies or vodka in after my cheese toastie. Life is hard
    The struggle is real

So I've come here for a bit of a winge/whine but not so much a vent.

My partner is orthodox and they follow a 40 day rule when it comes to certain life events. Childbirth is one of them. So I'm not meant to go out (and nor is bub) for the first 40 days except for medical appointments. So I'm stuck at home. For 40 days. Unless one of us requires medical attention. And nobody besides family and maybe a few close friends are meant to be in the home to visit. For 40 days. I nearly went mad last time when I had DS. I don't know how I'm going to do it this time. Maybe lucky this house is 2 storey and I can spend time up or down or at least enjoy a view of the park from the 2nd storey. Anyway... that's my whinge/whine. Thanks for reading.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to HeavenBlue For This Useful Post:

HearMeRoar  (15-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    40 days?? Eeeeekkkkkkk!!! I quite like the idea of 40 days off of from things like school/daycare runs, shopping, chores etc, but not leaving the house at all would send me crazy! And I am a homebody!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    I can't say I'm upset about not having to do the shopping etc but yes, 40 days is a long time to watch everyone else enjoying their lives on social media etc!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow @HeavenBlue. I'm orthodox too (Serbian). I remember you saying once that your husband is also. That 40 day rule is pretty old school. I know that we went to church with him after 40 days but there was no way I wasn't leaving the house! I planned on staying in for a while (more due to my own anxiety I think) but cracked it after a week and had to get out. Do you have to? What would happen if you said you just had to?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by BB77 View Post
    Wow @HeavenBlue. I'm orthodox too (Serbian). I remember you saying once that your husband is also. That 40 day rule is pretty old school. I know that we went to church with him after 40 days but there was no way I wasn't leaving the house! I planned on staying in for a while (more due to my own anxiety I think) but cracked it after a week and had to get out. Do you have to? What would happen if you said you just had to?
    Yep it's old school and his family like me to follow it. I asked him if I could maybe walk around the park across the road a bit. He ummed and erred but he really didn't like the idea. I'll be working on him though as time passes! It's so funny, he doesn't attend services regularly or anything but is very traditional on some other points.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavenBlue View Post
    Yep it's old school and his family like me to follow it. I asked him if I could maybe walk around the park across the road a bit. He ummed and erred but he really didn't like the idea. I'll be working on him though as time passes! It's so funny, he doesn't attend services regularly or anything but is very traditional on some other points.
    My dad is Orthodox (Greek) and there are a lot of 40 day traditions there too. He wouldn't expect my mum to follow that one as its his tradition. Shame you can't swap and make him stay home for 40 days. Would his family even know if you walked around the park or around the block even?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

yadot  (15-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    My dad is Orthodox (Greek) and there are a lot of 40 day traditions there too. He wouldn't expect my mum to follow that one as its his tradition. Shame you can't swap and make him stay home for 40 days. Would his family even know if you walked around the park or around the block even?
    It's not that big a deal right now as I'm recovering from a c section and I'm having massive pain issues. Problem is, DP is as adamant that I not go out as his family is. Meh... I guess I'll just keep working on him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Week ended 24/7/2014100 Posts in a week
    Wow that must be weird @HeavenBlue! I find it all very interesting, I love finding out about other religious/cultural traditions. I'd definitely go crazy though! Can you leave the house without Bub?

I'm at swimming lessons with the kids. DS1 has moved up a level :-) They whinge every time we come but I told them they have to be confident swimmers because water is very dangerous. So they're ok with that for now.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to HearMeRoar For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (15-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    @HillDweller I just love your writing style. Your pregnancy journal is awesome. Please keep it up even after you've had your little girl. Just make things up for me ok?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to HearMeRoar For This Useful Post:

HillDweller  (15-10-2016)