+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 65 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Louise41 View Post
    This is how I feel .. I make s comment in a thread and it's hardly ever acknowledged !
    Acknowledging

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BB77 View Post
    Acknowledging
    Thank you lovely

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahalfdozen View Post
    I find it can almost be as bad, if you are commenting in a thread and just about everyone else but you seems to get quoted or responded to. As if your post just doesn't even exist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louise41 View Post
    This is how I feel .. I make s comment in a thread and it's hardly ever acknowledged !
    I always notice you both - all the time. You're both very articulate and find myself agreeing with you both a lot.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

Ahalfdozen  (02-10-2016),gingermillie  (02-10-2016),Little Miss Sunshine  (03-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I find it can almost be as bad, if you are commenting in a thread and just about everyone else but you seems to get quoted or responded to. As if your post just doesn't even exist.
    I remember one thread ages ago, the op asked people's ideas on a simple thing. I was like 5th or 6th to respond on a couple of page thread and literally everyone got a thanks from the op except me. I started wondering if my responses really were *that* crap.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavenBlue View Post
    I remember one thread ages ago, the op asked people's ideas on a simple thing. I was like 5th or 6th to respond on a couple of page thread and literally everyone got a thanks from the op except me. I started wondering if my responses really were *that* crap.
    Was yours the last response? Maybe the OP just didn't come back to the thread after they had thanked everyone after the second last person posted?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by JR03 View Post
    Was yours the last response? Maybe the OP just didn't come back to the thread after they had thanked everyone after the second last person posted?
    Nope. I responded quite early and there was easily 2 or 3 pages of responses. I remember feeling quite hurt because I was the only one not acknowledged! Was a very long time ago though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I don't pay a whole lot of attention to "thanks" on other people's posts, so not sure how often that happens. I have had it before when I post advice, then someone else posts the same and that person gets oohed and aged for their wise ways hahha. I've seen it happen to other people before too though, so I know it's not just me.
    It's very much how I feel in a room of people. I'm always the easiest to talk over the top of

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Am I the only thread killer??

Quote Originally Posted by HeavenBlue View Post
    Nope. I responded quite early and there was easily 2 or 3 pages of responses. I remember feeling quite hurt because I was the only one not acknowledged! Was a very long time ago though.
    This has happened to me once or twice. But I've also realised when I've started a thread and thanked everyone's responses that I've missed one or two- I thought I'd thanked but for whatever reason it didn't go through.
    I have gone back a day or two later to realise and thanked then but probably already too late.

I try to think that's what happened with my posts. If they thank a lot though but miss a few (as opposed to one or two) I take that to be more deliberate. It can hurt when giving advice or answering a simple question and they choose to not acknowledge your response but acknowledge others- even similar ones.

That's why if I start a thread I either thank everone regardless of whether it is something I would consider as they have taken the time to read and respond or not thank anyone at all (especially if the thread becomes huge or it's just a fluff thread).
    Last edited by Little Miss Sunshine; 03-10-2016 at 09:49.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    It wasn't a huge deal really, I just went back to read the other responses and noticed. I was in a bad head space at the time and took it as the op didn't like me or whatever.

I totally get that sometimes the responses don't always load for the another user, especially if they haven't clicked the refresh option but yeah....

Silly but funny how something so simple can affect members.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HeavenBlue For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (03-10-2016),LoveLivesHere  (04-10-2016)

kiwimum890 is offline It won't happen overnight, but it will happen!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I hear you on this, I usually just read along these days instead of commenting...