+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 65 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JR03 View Post
    But seriously as a parent of a 3 year old I have no idea about this yet, what do you parents of older kids do with their teeth?
    I binned ours... whoops! I think I held onto the first one for a while in a ziplock bag hidden away, but then during a spring clean thought, nope... it's going.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My eldest has his first wobbly tooth now. I intend to bin it. I recently binned a bunch of other stuff like their hospital bands etc. My mother had old teeth of mine and I guess I just don't see the point. It's not like she takes them out and marvels at them. I'm not completely devoid of sentiment, I just prefer stuff I will actually look at in future. I buy a Christmas dress for my daughter every year and I will keep those. I have each kids first outfit for going home from hospital. I take photos of a million and one things. I keep stuff I know I will use or at least look back on fondly. Teeth didn't really seem like they would fall into that category.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahalfdozen View Post
    My eldest has his first wobbly tooth now. I intend to bin it. I recently binned a bunch of other stuff like their hospital bands etc. My mother had old teeth of mine and I guess I just don't see the point. It's not like she takes them out and marvels at them. I'm not completely devoid of sentiment, I just prefer stuff I will actually look at in future. I buy a Christmas dress for my daughter every year and I will keep those. I have each kids first outfit for going home from hospital. I take photos of a million and one things. I keep stuff I know I will use or at least look back on fondly. Teeth didn't really seem like they would fall into that category.
    And people looked at me funny when I said I binned DS's belly botton thingy when it fell off. I just didn't see why you would keep it. But apparently everyone I know but me did keep it?! It's not something I wanted to go back and look at in the future!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavenBlue View Post
    And people looked at me funny when I said I binned DS's belly botton thingy when it fell off. I just didn't see why you would keep it. But apparently everyone I know but me did keep it?! It's not something I wanted to go back and look at in the future!
    Ewww people keeps those? So gross!! DD's went straight in the bin.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to babyno1onboard For This Useful Post:

HeavenBlue  (27-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ewwww no. Was NOT keeping that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JR03 View Post
    But seriously as a parent of a 3 year old I have no idea about this yet, what do you parents of older kids do with their teeth?
    I have kept DS1 and DS2 first lost tooth. I'm really not sure what to do with them, it kind of felt like I would be throwing away some part of them if I didn't keep them....in have thrown away subsequent ones though so I guess there's no point in keeping them. I know if my mum presented me with my baby teeth, I would feel a bit gross, haha.

Yes, I think they will be binned.

Or I may save them all from now on and make a special teddy, lol 😉

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    That reminds me of the SATC episode when Miranda's cat ran off with the stump and she was so grossed out she had to call Steve . Or worse, the Meet the Fockers bit when the mum was showing his foreskin

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Californication For This Useful Post:

HeavenBlue  (27-09-2016),LlamaMa  (27-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavenBlue View Post
    I have kept all of ours too. By the time DD came along, we were busy with a big family and I simply put it aside when it fell off. I came across it in her basket of miscellaneous stuff a while ago....and it still had crusty, wrinkled umbilical cord attached to it. Haha. I just took it out and popped the clip in her memento box. She was born at home, so didn't have hospital tags like her brothers, so I felt she had to have something from her birth!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Californication View Post
    That reminds me of the SATC episode when Miranda's cat ran off with the stump and she was so grossed out she had to call Steve . Or worse, the Meet the Fockers bit when the mum was showing his foreskin
    I was thinking about the meet the fockers scene when I was typing that last post out!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to HeavenBlue For This Useful Post:

Californication  (27-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I saw this on my DP FB, the new trend maybe? Gross came to mind. Umbilical cord art and a teddy made of your dried up placenta IMG_1474975360.091996.jpgIMG_1474975369.603360.jpg