+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Baby jogger city mini GT or Mountain Buggy terrain? Which pram?

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1474593063.366971.jpg ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1474593072.152943.jpg

Hi all, I would love some feedback from parents who have used either one of these specific prams.

My criteria is:

Weight
    Ease of folding
    Suitability for 6 week old without needing the bassinet attachment
    Ease of use on "all-terrain" (we will be taking it to the snow)

The RRP for these is pretty similar so price is not a factor.

I've used a BJ city mini before but not the GT. We took the city mini to the snow in the past and it wasn't the greatest to navigate on snow, but I know the GT has different wheels. Overall, i absolutely loved my City mini based on all the other criteria, but I suspect the mountain buggy might be more suitable for what we need?

Any other reasons for choosing either one would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance

Thanks
    Reviews
    Absolutely adore my City Mini GT. I can't say anything about the snow side of things because we simply don't get it here and haven't been lucky enough to go on such a trip, but it handles everything else really well, including mud, grass, mulch, soil, and a sandy bog of a construction site we were forced to go through once.

My only fault with it is the seat doesn't go absolutely upright to a 90° angle and my nosy son always pulls the sides and hunches forwards so he can see what's going on. We've fixed it by putting a cushion behind him and if your child isn't as nosy as mine you shouldn't have an issue.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Kaya For This Useful Post:

witherwings  (23-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Love my city mini GT. Have taken it on the farm and it handles fine in sand/grass, but haven't tried in snow.
    I have been know to hold my baby in 1 arm & manage to fold & lift the GT into the car with the other arm - so it's very easy!
    The seat in the GT is a lot deeper that the MB - so will last longer especially if your child is tall as a toddler.
    We had DD laying flat from birth in the GT - would suggest a head hugger type thing though (buy a generic one from baby shop) to keep a small baby snug.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to rosey82 For This Useful Post:

witherwings  (23-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Love the GT. Haven't used it in snow though. I find the basket a bit hard to get to sometimes, but maybe my nappy bag is too big. The basket on the other one looks good though!

Ps i don't think the perfect pram exists ☺ I think you just pick one that seems to have most of the things you want, and hope for the best ☺

Pps we didn't have the GT from birth, so not sure about newborn period.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to JustJaq For This Useful Post:

witherwings  (24-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    The CMGT was great from birth for us, we just had used a support insert. It is light, easy to carry, easy to fold - an all round great design.

From 6 months onwards DD hated it though so we didn't get much use out of it. But I think she would hate any pram. She just wants to be carried everywhere.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to babyno1onboard For This Useful Post:

witherwings  (24-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies for your feedback! I think I'll go with the GT, it's a brand I know and have loved before, and I know the folding mechanism is amazeballs. Cheers!!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to witherwings For This Useful Post:

JustJaq  (24-09-2016),Kaya  (27-09-2016)