Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Quote Originally Posted by Phony View Post
    That's what got me wondering.
    Does she do this to weed out the gay/lesbian clients and those who support them? Like 6-12 sessions and she'll drop the bombshell to gauge where you stand?
    I hadn't even thought of this, I hope that's not what she was doing.

I like the idea of it it comes up again saying can we please not talk about this, we have different views. It's not aggressive but gets the point across that I disagree.

Someone asked about her background. She's white Australian, don't think they'd be any cultural thing going on. I remember thinking when it happened maybe she doesn't usually say those things to clients but she thought I'd agree because I'm Muslim. In any case I felt really bad not saying anything and I haven't been back since which is like 2 or 3 months now but my eyebrows are getting a bit desperate and I'm so unsure of what to do.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mama Mirabelle For This Useful Post:

Phony  (24-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    As others have said, it's always hard when someone has such drastically different opinions to us. Especially when it deals with our ethics and morals.

However good eyebrows are worth every cent and if you have found someone you are happy with, and until now, haven't had many issues with personality etc then I would try and push past this and continue to see her. It's not like you're making a decision whether she should be the god mother of your children. I say don't make your eye brows suffer!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'd rather look like a gorilla.

5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Raising Leprechauns For This Useful Post:

A&S  (23-09-2016),delirium  (23-09-2016),Full House  (23-09-2016),gingermillie  (23-09-2016),Mod-Degrassi  (23-09-2016),Wise Enough  (23-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I wouldn't go back, just like avoid giving my money to corporations I don't agree with. Yes the world is made of all different people but doesn't mean I have to agree with them, or give them my money

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maternidade For This Useful Post:

A&S  (23-09-2016),gingermillie  (23-09-2016)

Busy-Bee is online now Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    I wouldn't go back. Difference of opinion on many things is a non-issue but I would not want my money supporting someone who advocates homophobic policy. If she said she thought Australia should refuse to take any more Muslim immigrants how would you have felt? (I'm not trying to be antagonistic, just changing the group of people that's being marginalised to make a point...hopefully!)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Busy-Bee For This Useful Post:

A&S  (23-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Wwyd offensive beauty therapist?

I wouldn't go back, but I'm the type of person that's unfriended people on FB due to their views (like supporting Donald Trump). I find it hard to stay friends with people whose views I don't respect so would feel the same about supporting their business.

If a restaurant refused to serve gay people would you continue to go there?

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (24-09-2016),gingermillie  (23-09-2016),HillDweller  (23-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouldn't know what to do, I would want to not go back but good brows are so important.

I'd probably stay with her, but I'm quite superficial when it comes to my eyebrows and hair.

At least she's not your hairdresser!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I would keep going and avoid political talk or anything like that. Her view on gay marriage etc is pretty irrelevant to the service she's providing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maybe she doesn't hate gay people but just doesn't agree with gay marriage? People will have all sorts of differing views and that's ok but yeah I would feel uncomfortable around someone who hated another group of people

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's tricky as you can't always surround yourself with like minded people, personally I would have said something like " oh I didn't know you felt that way I have plenty of gay friends who should have as much rights as we do to marry the person they love" if she apologised or changed the subject then I'd let it go - if she then tried to argue or carry on with more hateful comments then no I wouldn't go back

If I had to turn away every client of mine who had different views I'd be out of business! I also have had staff of mine who are quite religious and do not believe in gay marriage, they know my stance and do not bring it up/argue in the office or let it effect their dealings with our gay clients, but they are great workers and legally I cannot discriminate against hiring someone because of their beliefs and really unless you know a person quite well you wouldn't really know their personal beliefs ( I doubt most people know how their doctors, lawyers, plumbers, school teachers, butchers etc stance on most topics )

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

Phony  (24-09-2016)