+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Isn't parenting payment up to an earning of $48,00-50,000? Last time I knew it was that amount. Unless it changed again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nafsika View Post
    Isn't parenting payment up to an earning of $48,00-50,000? Last time I knew it was that amount. Unless it changed again.
    It's $150K.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babyno1onboard View Post
    It's $150K.
    Thats for PPL - parenting payment is different. It is for low incole earnerz and is income/asset tested.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by happy444 View Post
    I spent over 30mins on hold yesterday before giving up.
    If you expect Centrelink to be incompetent you can save yourself a lot of headaches and can occasionally be pleasantly surprised

30 minutes on hold is pretty normal with Centrelink unfortunately. On average, I've been on hold with Centrelink for 45-60 minutes each time when I was on study allowance. I got into the habit of having a list of things to do while on hold with Centrelink. (It turned out to be one of the most productive times of the day haha).

You can go in and talk to someone. Depending on the time of the day you can get someone to help you in 10 minutes, sometimes an hour. Take a bottle of water and book just in case.

Also, I recommend writing everything down that the person tells you and get their name. I've had a number of issues with one Centrelink employee telling me one thing, and another telling me something completely different. Write down what is spoken so you have a record.

Before you leave the meeting, quickly go over what you have written down and understand, and get them to confirm. I always ask whether there is anything else that we have missed. It has saved me a lot of trouble that way.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TedE For This Useful Post:

happy444  (02-10-2016),rosey82  (26-09-2016),ZeSarah  (26-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Lol I love this! A helpful lady at my local centerlink said the best time of day to go is about 4pm (for some reason lots of people think it shuts then). Don't go first thing there is always a line!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to rosey82 For This Useful Post:

happy444  (02-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rosey82 View Post
    Lol I love this! A helpful lady at my local centerlink said the best time of day to go is about 4pm (for some reason lots of people think it shuts then). Don't go first thing there is always a line!
    That's so true. School pick up time is the best as most parents leave home to get the kids. My dad gets my DS from school for me even though I'm home with new ds2

9. The Following User Says Thank You to babybeeno1 For This Useful Post:

happy444  (02-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone.
    We went on Friday to sign up for CRN's and it was painless. They were so damn efficient, we were impressed haha. I was also able to change to my married name with Medicare which will allow me to now change everything else (have overseas marriage cert. so have put off for 6 years because I didn't want to deal with it paperwork.)

The PPL application online however was as hellish as I was expecting but that's because I despise online applications.

Cannot see myself not having to go back to work straight after PPL But found out my casual job is being held for me and temped by a student on uni holidays for those 4 months. So now I just have to organise a child care spot and my husband's paid paternity leave and I'm all set for bub next month!