+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Centrelink question

The Centrelink website boggles my mind, I need to organise PPL and also speak to them about child care allowance etc so I can make the decision and inform my employer of whether I'm returning to work after 4-6 months. Would also like to know how much income I'd be expecting so I can plan our budget for the time I'm not working. I'm anxious of this complete unknown!!

I spent over 30mins on hold yesterday before giving up. I just want to know if you contact them to make an appointment to go in and meet with somebody to discuss everything, submit forms etc etc? Or is everything done online!?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by happy444 View Post
    The Centrelink website boggles my mind, I need to organise PPL and also speak to them about child care allowance etc so I can make the decision and inform my employer of whether I'm returning to work after 4-6 months. Would also like to know how much income I'd be expecting so I can plan our budget for the time I'm not working. I'm anxious of this complete unknown!!

I spent over 30mins on hold yesterday before giving up. I just want to know if you contact them to make an appointment to go in and meet with somebody to discuss everything, submit forms etc etc? Or is everything done online!?
    Everything is done online. I will find links. Yse calculators for the childcare rebate/benefit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    PPL:

https://www.humanservices.gov.au/cus...ntal-leave-pay

Childcare rebate (this is for working parents - you get 50% rebate of fees. Chilscare benefit is income tested but you apply for both and it calculates it for you):

https://www.humanservices.gov.au/cus...ld-care-rebate

Centrelink Calculator (use it to see if you will receive any other payments):

https://www.centrelink.gov.au/RateEs...mbinedStart.do

4. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

happy444  (23-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you!!!! Can I apply for a CRN online? I can't add it to my mygov acct without it. I just get frustrated wuth this online business; it's such a stuff around

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You'll also need to organise child support if you want the maximum amount of family tax A, you need the kids birth certificates to do this. You can apply and pay for them online through birth deaths and marriages for the state they where born in, not sure how much each one is but under $50 for each one

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by happy444 View Post
    Thank you!!!! Can I apply for a CRN online? I can't add it to my mygov acct without it. I just get frustrated wuth this online business; it's such a stuff around
    From memory you get one allocated when you apply for something. I think.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babybeeno1 View Post
    You'll also need to organise child support if you want the maximum amount of family tax A, you need the kids birth certificates to do this. You can apply and pay for them online through birth deaths and marriages for the state they where born in, not sure how much each one is but under $50 for each one
    What is child support? I had thought it was what one parent pays the other if they separate?

After PPL ends, do I get FTA, FTB and "partnered parent allowance"? This gives me a grand total of $280 a FORTNIGHT! My partner doesn't even earn that much - $850 per week?

We wouldn't be able to live on that, I need $400pw minimum. If that's the case I'd need to head straight back to work after PPL.
    Last edited by happy444; 23-09-2016 at 15:34.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Centrelink question

You don't get tax b from memory when you get ppl but only tax a. It all comes down to how much your partner earns and what your estimated income for the financial year of 16/17 is as to how much family tax benefit and childcare rebate you will receive.

Ppl is $672.60 per week less tax for 18 weeks but you have to meet the requirements which are all online, 30hours per fortnight minimum for the 10months prior to the birth

When you give birth and the hospital discharges you they will give you the Centrelink paperwork that you can file online as it has a unique number that matches up to those of Centrelink.

Everything can be done online on the estimator. You won't be entitled to partnered parenting allowance as your partner is earning $850 a week and that is over the threshold

It's all part and part of having kids. Mum stays home dad goes off to work to earn the $$ to support his family.

If you haven't booked childcare in aswell for when you want to go back to work I'd be suggesting you that pretty quickly as a lot of places are quite hard to get into esp the baby rooms
    Last edited by babybeeno1; 23-09-2016 at 15:13.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to babybeeno1 For This Useful Post:

happy444  (23-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you haven't had dealings with centrelink before you will have to go to a centre to provide ID in person. They will give you a linking code to link up centrelink with your Mygov account. I recommend doing it on the free computers while you're there - mine was a clusterf$&ck & took about 3 trips to be able to do anything online. They have people there to help you, they will try to turn you away to do it online, but insist on getting it done right there/then!
    Once you're in the system - do everything online.
    When the baby is born, make the time to go in with all the paperwork to get Medicare & PPL sorted then you know it's been done.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babybeeno1 View Post
    Ppl is $672.60 per week less tax for 18 weeks but you have to meet the requirements which are all online, 30hours per fortnight minimum for the 10months prior to the birth
    It's 330 hours over the ten month period, which works out to about 16 hours a fortnight (not 30). Just in case anyone else sees this and doesn't think they can qualify!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to BornToBe For This Useful Post:

babybeeno1  (24-09-2016)