+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    The lack of communication is the concerning thing. I would personally look into FDC if it were me - but I know that a daycare centre environment is just not right for me and my kids. It's not the thing for everyone & I know if I had to return to work, I would 100% choose FDC over a centre. But thays just me, and different things suit different people. I hope you can find something quickly that is a better fit for you and DS.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to cheeeeesecake For This Useful Post:

turquoisecoast  (27-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Olive Oil View Post
    I'm sure they get cold feet @VicPark, when they are cold!

I think she described the "setting" pretty clearly actually, your line of questioning suggests you think her concerns are invalid?
    Actually, (and I in no way think TC's concerns aren't valid), but cold feet and hands aren't a good indication that a baby is cold, you should feel the back of their neck to determine that as their hands and feet are often cold.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

amyd  (27-09-2016),Full House  (28-09-2016),TheGooch  (27-09-2016),turquoisecoast  (27-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Full House View Post
    I understand what you're saying...but I think the difference is in the complete lack of communication.
    Had TC came in and asked why her baby was on the floor in minimal clothing and they said that he was a bit sweaty with his jumperon in the warm room and he had been playing happily since, and knowing where his jumper was it would be a completely different story. It's their inability to effectively communicate that makes the situation concerning. I'd be uncomfortable having my baby there, mainly because a baby can't tell you about their day so you have to be able to trust your carers. I would struggle to trust these carers based on what TC has said.
    Completely agree

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

Full House  (28-09-2016),turquoisecoast  (27-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    TC I know somebody mentioned it before but I would look into a nanny share if you can't afford a nanny on their own. I used to do it for two boys the same age, one week everyone would be at one family's house and the next at the others and they halved my fee. It means every other week you don't have to rush out the door, the kids are on similar schedules so you know he's getting his naps and food when he should, etc. And you will know he is with somebody who genuinely cares for him as she builds a relationship with him.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

turquoisecoast  (27-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    a nanny would be my number 1 choice but I'm not sure it's financially viable. to be honest I've not seriously looked into it and am assuming it's unaffordable for us right now. nanny share is something that's been mentioned to me by a colleague and I love the idea, the challenge is finding someone with whom to do the sharing with. my mothers group would be the most obvious choice, again it's something I'd need to look into further.

I do like the socialization aspect of daycare. just not the lack of accountability and the erosion of trust that's happened.

I spoke to the centre director this morning and we had a long chat. she seemed to take all my concerns on and said she is looking to implement changes to try and stop these things from happening. I guess we will see whether she is able to do this.

I also got in touch with another centre closer to home and ended up having a long conversation with the owner and she indicated there may be some vacancies for next year. I did say I lack family support here and that daycare for us is very important otherwise I have very few (well none really) options available to me.

from a practical perspective all I can really do now is get into waitlists and see if we get offered something for next year. in the mean time we keep going to our current centre and hopefully the centre director is able to affect the changes the babies room so desperately needs. I'm sure I'm not the only one with these concerns.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Olive Oil View Post
    I'm sure they get cold feet @VicPark, when they are cold!

I think she described the "setting" pretty clearly actually, your line of questioning suggests you think her concerns are invalid?
    Sorry am busy. Must have missed the bit where OP said what the temperature was in the room, what the flooring was made of, what bub was wearing altogether (pants? What is an undershirt?).

Haven't had time to read all. Sorry.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

amyd  (28-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default another daycare gripe - wdyt?

Turqs did you know that if you hire a registered nanny your able to claim CCR and CCB (if you're entitled) that might be a road to explore or family daycare. As you know I've had a few hiccups along my journey but I'm seriously liking it soo much more now I've relaxed and gotten the feel of things.
    Also wanted to say please keep communication open, as you have already, it.
    Needs to be addressed for your little one and others. If these educators aren't doing their job, they need help/support to do it.
    Sometimes dynamics in day care amongst workers aren't right and communication and team work lacks, maybe that's a part of the prob....

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Reneeharry For This Useful Post:

turquoisecoast  (05-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    P.s the formula situation is really not on

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Reneeharry For This Useful Post:

turquoisecoast  (05-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can totally understand what you're going through.