+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Help/Advice

Hey everybody, im 20 and in a new relationship.
    Over a week ago i missed 3 active pills within the first week of active pills after my period. I immediately took them when i realised. The next day i had unprotected sex.
    Since that day, for the last 4 days i have had period like cramping and back pains. Now its eased off to a uncomfort in the lower stomach. Ive also been quite moody and temperamental. What is the chance of being pregnant? Ive got 10 days until my period
    Last edited by Teesh15041996; 22-09-2016 at 15:47.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    There is a chance you are pregnant but those symptoms could also be caused by taking 3 active pills all at once (likely reactions would be nausea or vomitinh, cramping and possible bleeding a few days later). Unfortunately only time will tell.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used to get very ill if I took two pills in one day. Very weak and vomiting. I would say it's a reaction to that too. It would be too early for HCG to enter your blood to be causing any symptoms. However that doesn't mean you're not going to be pregnant.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Your symptoms are most. likely from taking 3 pills on the same day. As pp has said, you still may get pregnant, but you certainly wouldn't be having symptoms yet.
    For future reference if you forget your pill/s for more than 12 hours you just take the next one when its due, don't take all the pills you missed. Then you must take 7 active pills before you are covered for contraception again. There should be an information leaflet in the box that gives you instructions.
    There is a new emergency contraception that works up to 5 days after unprotected s$x. You need to see your GP for a prescription. This may be an option for you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have had the ick feeling in my stomach for over a week now. I have missed pills before up to 7 once and NEVER had any side affects, only spotting or bleeding which hasnt occured at all this time. I have had to use a heat bag on stomach to calm it down

Thanks
    Reviews
    In the IVF world you have your eggs harvested on day 0. They fertilise overnight. Then they grow for 5 days in a dish before they put it back. In the natural world it's just the same, it takes 5 days with it just floating around in there with cells dividing. On about day 7 it starts to implant. It takes a few days to implant. You might get implantation bleed then. Most people don't notice it implanting. Then about day 10-14 it starts to release HCG, which is when your body knows it's pregnant and you start to get symptoms.

If you believe you are pregnant could it possibly be from a previous encounter?

Either way go stock up on First Response Early Response, they are the most sensitive. But usually you won't see anything till a couple of days before your period is due.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you believe you are pregnant and want to keep the baby avoid the heat bag and alcohol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Doubt it would be previous as we havent done it before my last period.