+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Reaction to formula?

Hi all,
    DS has been EBF for almost 6 months now and today we tried him on a bottle of formula, which he gulped down. Tonight I noticed a pinprick type rash on his torso (no raised bumps) and some hive-type spots around his arm, neck and thigh.
    Is this likely a reaction to the formula? He hasn't had any other signs of a CMPI, seems happy. I'll take him to the GP if it's worse tomorrow but just wanted to know if anyone else experienced this when they introduced formula. Do their bodies just need to adjust to the change or is this probably a sign of an intolerance or allergy?
    Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We had this with DS when he was a few weeks old I had to mix feed as my supply dropped I changed formulas and it was a lot better. Which brand are you using as some are quite strong. We crossed Blackmores off our list and have Heinz nuture. Belamy's organic has great reviews from a lot of mums on here same goes for aldi

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @babybeeno1. I actually used Bellamys. How long did you stick to the formula before you switched? I don't want to chop and change too much.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Your welcome. We where on the blackmores for a week and I knew it wasn't agreeing with DS at all. He was literally climbing the walls when you tried to top him up with it. So went to Heinz. Belamy's is organic so it's a bit odd but you never know I'm not an expert. Have you eaten something that you don't normally eat and it has gone though your milk. I had a panini bread on Monday with pumpkin feta basil pesto and sundried tomatoes. My little man paid for it on tues with my milk. It was either the pesto or the sun dried tomatoes. Because I've had the other stuff and he has been fine. For him though he got a belly ache and the worst poo you could imagine it was disgusting

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not very adventurous with my food so I doubt it's that. The rash is gone today, gonna try the formula again tomorrow and if it happens again I'll know it's that!
    Yeah the word 'organic' makes you think it's all good huh.