+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 1CrazyMoose View Post
    Hi all, we are expecting baby no.4 taking our family to 6. My son is 8 but very tall. My husband is 6'2. We travel most weekends for football etc and always as a family.

We are looking for a car that fits us all comfortably that also carries some gear like a pram, sports bags, etc. We plan on driving for our holidays as flights will soon be to expensive for our growing family. So it'll need to have good boot space and option to have a pod on the roof.

I'm not worried about size (I'm comfortable driving a truck lol).

8 seats would be most ideal as it would be nice to have an extra seat or two for friends visiting, diesel is preferred (hubby is a diesel mechanic by trade). Our budget is small so we will be buying 2nd more than likely to reduce the need of debt. We are after practicality over looks.

So far we are looking at the Hyundai IMAX, thoughts?

We don't want an SUV as the back row seats are to small and boot space too little.

Any opinions would be really appreciated please!!! Thankyou x
    We hire a Hyundai iMax yearly when we go on holiday with my parents. They are awesome, so much room for both the passengers and in the boot. We love them and they're so easy to drive!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have hired an imax when going on holidays to fit my folks my sister her partner there DS myself DP and DS. Good for a holiday but I wouldn't want to own one. I like the cx9 although we are only a family of 4 plus the pooch I like a lot of room I have an older jackeroo that is a 7 seater.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I know you said no SUVs but the Hyundai santa fe is lovely.

Nissan pathfinders are amazing. I. Want. One. They have adult size seats.

I have a dualis. Don't get one. Theyre really small and no anchor points in the back row.
    Last edited by SookiLala; 21-09-2016 at 19:58.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You should check out the kia carnival. It has nice big roomy seats, a great boot even when all seats are in use.

We recently just bought one for second hand for a great price and it still has two years warranty.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Check out Honda Odyssey

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I drove a Kia carnival as a rental car. Was great!! So so roomy and heaps out the back too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a tarago love it, the only down side is no anchor points in the back row, and the year I have only had lap sash belts in the middle seats.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kia carnival all the way. Genuine boot space and extremely comfortable and powerful. Be careful of imax height. Its higher than carnival and doesnt fit in some carparks. It may also we wider. Carnival fits in normal garage. We got a new demonstrator for around 37k.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have a Kia grand carnival. Love it. Plenty of room in the car and in the boot. We got a 2012 model in 2014 for around 25k.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have 4 kids under 4. And the kia carnival 2012 model. Love it. Got it for 25k. Couldn't fault it.