+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Mamasupial, LB sounds similar to DS and their about 5 wks apart. He has a small tongue tie, my paed told me when he was 3 days old but it was a major issue for him to not snip it there and then and but think now looking back he should of. Of the mums issues on the list I had supply only, initially we thought it was because of the c-sec as that can compromise your milk so I'm on motilium for that and DS has 6 of the issues on the list. He sleeps pretty much through the night now though from 8 to 5. What I started doing about 5 weeks ago I think. Started pumping off my 9pm feed as he was dropping most of the night feeds now I get around 260-300mls as a rule from that one pump. The following night at 7pm I'll give DS 160mls of that and freeze the rest. This way I know how much he is getting and weight gain picked up. I'm also doing some top up feeds during the days but with formula. 1 at 9am I give him 100mls and one at 2pm 100mls only. It's not ideal as I didn't do this with ds1 9 yrs ago but it's working better for this DS because of the tie

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Yay for Sleep lol. I need some of that lol. I don't think she has a tongue tie, I think she could have an upper lip tie. She still has blisters all over her lips poor thing.

Sounds like motilium is doing amazing things for you! I'd rather not introduce a bottle just yet, but we will have to at some point as I return to work in January. Hopefully I can pump enough.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay for sleep yes. I'm still knackered though . During the day my milk isn't as good hence the top ups. Like you I didn't want a bottle this early but it hasn't affected him still wanting me. When LB drops a particular feed at night like DS has with his 9pm pump that and freeze. I've let all the others go except if he wakes I'll feed but he doesn't til around 5am

4. The Following User Says Thank You to babybeeno1 For This Useful Post:

Mamasupial  (22-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Let us know what they say re ties. Both my girls have tongue ties and my younger has upper lip as well luckily for us it never affected milk supply or their weight gain but I have noticed since my second has gotten older and lazier with her latch she is more painful to feed and now to get it cut requires surgery so much better to get it done as a baby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Midwife wants me to leave it a few weeks to see how the losec works for her first.