+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by loodle View Post
    I love his long hair but it's so curly that it gets knotted easily and he won't wear it tied back at all
    We had the same problem with the knots and it got in his eyes all the time, so we had to cut it he didn't mind having a bun though! Hehe

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Do people get your child's s.ex wrong? Do you care? Do you correct them?

My DD had cancer and is growing her hair back, and she looks a lot like a boy currently. She frequently gets mistaken for a boy. I am probably a bit sensitive to it so yes, I am VERY quick to correct people (politely of course). It always amazes me how she can be wearing quite girly clothes, but still gets called a boy....it's so obviously because of her hair. It kind of annoys me that society is so inflexible when it comes to hair length in little children. I've discovered that hair length absolutely defines gender here.

Edit: this is her
    IMG_1474466101.032626.jpg
    Last edited by Hollywood; 21-09-2016 at 23:55.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 2 year old boy has medium length wavy/curly hair and often people will think he's a girl. My 7 year old boy just had a hair cut but before that it was shoulder length and he too got the girl comments. It doesn't bother me but I don't like when people say "he looks like a girl you need to cut his hair"

Thanks
    Reviews
    Every single day on multiple occasions. DS2 has very long hair (mid back length) it's always up in a man bun. He is dressed in a very typical masculine way but that doesn't matter. Long hair just seems to mean girl in this country.

I don't care and will correct depending on the situation. If it's a very brief interaction - many comment on his hair because it is a stunning auburn - I usually smile and ignore. If it's a longer interaction, a checkout or something I correct them.

Like a pp said it does however **** me off when people argue with me like seriously respond with things like 'are you serious?' 'But she looks like a girl!' 'No really she's not!' Etc... then I'm usually a little short with people because well yeah I think I know what gender my child is!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Noone has ever mistaken any of our 3 boys for girls. They are all blonde short haired boys that wear boy clothes. They couldn't be any more boyish. If someone did think any were girls I would be pretty cheesed and ask them what was wrong with them to think that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I posted this photo on Facebook and had someone comment "oh lovely photo of Mum and daughter" I think I am cheesed more because he is my childhood neighbour and a Facebook friend that knows my youngest is a boy! So I change my answer yes it does annoy me lol

IMG_1474715797.570378.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Blessedwith3boys View Post
    Noone has ever mistaken any of our 3 boys for girls. They are all blonde short haired boys that wear boy clothes. They couldn't be any more boyish. If someone did think any were girls I would be pretty cheesed and ask them what was wrong with them to think that.
    What a peculiar comment. If no one has ever mistaken your boys' gender what would make a person start now?

I find this an odd comment.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (25-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Do people get your child's s.ex wrong? Do you care? Do you correct them?

My girls never had any hair as babies and took ages for it to grow and even with dresses they still got called boys.

Here's my youngest @ 18months old

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1474716379.354741.jpg
    Last edited by BigRedV; 24-09-2016 at 21:26.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    What a peculiar comment. If no one has ever mistaken your boys' gender what would make a person start now?

I find this an odd comment.
    I find your quote odd!
    If someone had mistaken them for girls I would have been cheesed off. I didn't say I'd expect them to now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Blessedwith3boys View Post
    I find your quote odd!
    If someone had mistaken them for girls I would have been cheesed off. I didn't say I'd expect them to now.
    But this thread is about people whose kids are mistaken. Yours aren't and from the way you describe them wouldn't be.

Would it have bothered you when they were 3 months old?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (25-09-2016)