+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cevapa View Post
    Could she be cold?
    DD was a great sleeper then randomly started waking almost every 2 hours. We have the heater on 18c, he sleeps in a short sleeve onsie, a bonds wondersuit and a 2.5 toggle sleeping bag. I thought that was enough but only recently added a blanket and he was back to sleeping between 7-10 hours in one go.
    I follow the Love to Dream guidelines so we also sleep with the heater on and the rooms around 17-18c. She wears a sleeveless bodysuit, PJs (onesie) and her Swaddle Up bag. I use a Grobag Egg in the room so I usually put her cotton blanket over her if the temp drops any further. She's a big baby though so tends to be on the warmer side.
    Thanks for the suggestion!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Renbird For This Useful Post:

Cevapa  (21-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl79 View Post
    Patting made DS1 scream louder, he was stimulated by simply having me in the room it was horrible! I have managed to resettle DS2 a handful of times (like once or twice) without a feed but it usually doesn't work or means I am up again 10 mins later so I definitely need a guide to follow if I am going down that method. Will look into those books thanks ladies. Sorry to crash the thread OP!
    No drama!

I have to agree about the patting, I've phased it out. Babies love movement much more so I've found rolling DD on her side and gently rocking her with both hands works much better. If she's in the mood, that is.

I do need to report some good news though - after over a month, I only had to get up TWICE last night for DD! Instead of 6 times!!!! Even if this doesn't last, it was nice to get some rest

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Renbird For This Useful Post:

HollyGolightly81  (21-09-2016),sunnygirl79  (21-09-2016),SuperGranny  (21-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Resurrecting this thread...things are still hell over here. Naps are terrible, night time is terrible...pretty sure bub is teething as she now fights bedtime to the death and finally crashes at 11:30 (previously was going down at 8pm, 9 at the latest). Once down she'll wake up crying one hour in and resettling in the cot either won't always work. If she falls asleep then she wakes up again in 30 min then will sleep in 2 hour blocks. Sometimes she will have none of the cot and will only sleep next to me.

That said, she's 4.5 months old and started rolling both ways 2 weeks ago, she has lots of new sounds, she can pass objects between hands and inspect them and she is trying to move across the mat when on her tummy.

Lots of things changing but I don't think I will ever get my happy, easy baby back again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to hear it's still tough for you.

This sounded like my DD who is now 6.5 months and just this week started sleeping through.
    Last week was the first time we got the 2 x 2 hour sleeps during the day and this week the night just followed giving us 12 hours with a little wake but we could put dummy in and shh her back to sleep.

Have you started solids yet? I found DD was always hungry and tired and couldn't sleep because she woke up hungry. So she was always crying because she was so tired from not sleeping!!
    We went to a paed at this stage 4.5 months because she had silent reflux so we went for a follow up for the Losec medication.
    Paed said she needs to be on solids + feeds (at that stage i was ebf)

We worked up the solids. So now she is on 4 solids a day + feeds (I'm currently weaning off the breast so Day feeds are now formula)

I ALWAYS make sure she is up around 7/7:30 breast feed and solids and her morning nap is at 9am and tried to push her to the 2 hours - she's finally there.
    Then another 2 hour nap from 1 pm after solids and a feed
    She will have a snack like yogurt at 3:30ish
    And a cat nap around 4:30
    Solids at 5:30, bath then feed and bed by around 6/6:30 - always down by 7pm

We have her room warmer at around 20oC with a onesie and also a 0.2tog ergo pouch, and a blanket. Tucked in as she is a roller too and it would wake her.

I had to stay home for a good week to make sure I could nail her day sleeps. And going in half way as she wouldn't link her sleep cycles. Put dummy in and shh her.
    She would wake crying because she was still tired.
    I did use soft music for about 3 days to help her link her sleep cycles so she started to sleep through to the 2 hours without waking.

Her cry changed from a tired cry to a protest cry - she didn't want to go down. But when I shh and shut the door - within a minute she's asleep.

Not sure if any of that will help. But I was like you. At my wits end and just so exhausted by 4.5 months of limited sleep and up and down at night.

Honestly. It feels like all I do is stuff Dd's face full of food all day - but since she eats, she's sleeping so much better. And good day sleeps seriously turn in to good night sleeps.

Best of luck Hun xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a feeling it's going to go on like this for quite some time 😔

I tried giving her pumpkin the other day but she didn't seem very interested and so I'm going to hold off a bit longer. Maybe at 5 months or so. She's 97th percentile for weight and 115th for height so I think my milk is hitting the spot! Lol

I try and develop some kind of consistency or routine but honestly, she fights sleep tooth and nail most of the time. She's never been a sleep anywhere kind of baby but she was always pretty good at night, even if she had crappy day naps. Sleeping gets more difficult as the day progresses.

I know her brain must be buzzing which is why she has stopped self soothing. I'm just scared she's lost that skill for good. Now rocking, patting and shushing just make her angry!

I know her behaviours are all considered 'normal' for constantly developing babies, but everything went t*ts up AGES ago now with basically no relief. I guess I'm just worn down 😞😞