+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Growth spurt, leap or bad habits?

Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    Here it's is HGL's sh1t sleepers club
    http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...d.php?t=556394
    HGL it's in the 1000+ section.....

Sorry I hit reply too soon. @Rennbird the same thing happened with my dd2. Got some good 5-6 hour stretches then 3 hour blocks, I was cheering but around 10 weeks it all turned to poo.
    I want to tell you dd2 improved on her own, it was a phase etc but unfortunately it didn't here. I did some sleep training at 5 months as sleep continued to deteriorate to the point of 6+ wake ups, I was desperate and had an exhausting 3yo to deal with.

Hugs xxx
    Last edited by Little Miss Sunshine; 20-09-2016 at 19:17.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Sunshine View Post
    HGL it's in the 1000+ section.....

Sorry I hit reply too soon. @Rennbird the same thing happened with my dd2. Got some good 5-6 hour stretches then 3 hour blocks, I was cheering but around 10 weeks it all turned to poo.
    I want to tell you dd2 improved on her own, it was a phase etc but unfortunately it didn't here. I did some sleep training at 5 months as sleep continued to deteriorate to the point of 6+ wake ups, I was desperate and had an exhausting 3yo to deal with.

Hugs xxx
    Oops! Sorry ren. Just complain here and we'll support

What did you do for sleeping training LMS? I'm debating it but anything I do will probably be on the 'gentle' side. Being meaning to read through my 'no cry sleep solution' but I'm too tired

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Oops! Sorry ren. Just complain here and we'll support

What did you do for sleeping training LMS? I'm debating it but anything I do will probably be on the 'gentle' side. Being meaning to read through my 'no cry sleep solution' but I'm too tired
    Is that book worth getting? I don't normally like books but thinking I might have to for DS2. He is much more clingy to me than DS1 was and I think a different approach might be needed if he doesn't improve in the next few months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 4 month old DS has been doing the regular wake ups every 1.5-2 hours overnight too. I've got no advice, just wanted to chime in to say "me too!" It seems to be something some babies do, and it's wearing me down. I can't let him grizzle, it wakes DD and then we are all screwed for the day I'm so tired.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl79 View Post
    Is that book worth getting? I don't normally like books but thinking I might have to for DS2. He is much more clingy to me than DS1 was and I think a different approach might be needed if he doesn't improve in the next few months.
    I haven't read through much of it yet and it's a kindle version so I annoyingly can't just flip through it. What I've read though I like. I used a couple tips with ds1 that worked. From memory it's not really a routine book, more just gentle tips of how to stop 'bad habits.' There may be a routine hidden in there though! Out of desperation I grabbed a few Gina ford books from the library a couple weeks ago, flipped through and quickly discarded, I always forget that I don't agree with how little day sleep she gives. I do that every couple of months

6. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

sunnygirl79  (21-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    The only one I could read with DS was sleeping like a baby. Could not do SOS or anything because DS was such a clingy baby it went from quiet to scream in 0.0000000001 seconds. And it did not stop. So reading a book that said it was normal helped me feel less like a failure.

DD is different but I cannot figure her out ATM. Apart from she won't let me feed her to sleep lying down. Or let me nap in the day with her...

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

HollyGolightly81  (20-09-2016),sunnygirl79  (21-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Growth spurt, leap or bad habits?

HGL I followed the sleepeasy solution for both my girls. It does involve some crying. They refer to it as the method of "least" crying. It enabled me to still breastfeed before sleeps and set my own routine (or not) and I liked that.

I wish I could do "gentle" methods but I had no time or patience to sit there and pat etc. I knew this would work. Mind you, the good sleep for my two have never been permanent with sickness, teething, milestones etc.

Personally I HATED sleeping like a baby lol. It terrified me It's all well and good to say it's normal but I could barely cope with the thought of another day of no sleep let alone a year or 2 and it didn't offer any real help or solutions. Apart from co sleeping which for various reasons was not a viable option here.
    Last edited by Little Miss Sunshine; 20-09-2016 at 23:06.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

sunnygirl79  (21-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Sunshine View Post
    HGL I followed the sleepeasy solution for both my girls. It does involve some crying. They refer to it as the method of "least" crying. It enabled me to still breastfeed before sleeps and set my own routine (or not) and I liked that.

I wish I could do "gentle" methods but I had no time or patience to sit there and pat etc. I knew this would work. Mind you, the good sleep for my two have never been permanent with sickness, teething, milestones etc.

Personally I HATED sleeping like a baby lol. It terrified me It's all well and good to say it's normal but I could barely cope with the thought of another day of no sleep let alone a year or 2 and it didn't offer any real help or solutions. Apart from co sleeping which for various reasons was not a viable option here.
    I effing hate patting, has never worked for me and I swear it just overstimulated ds1 and kept him awake. Anything gentle I tried was usually some form of gradual removal.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (21-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I effing hate patting, has never worked for me and I swear it just overstimulated ds1 and kept him awake. Anything gentle I tried was usually some form of gradual removal.
    Patting made DS1 scream louder, he was stimulated by simply having me in the room it was horrible! I have managed to resettle DS2 a handful of times (like once or twice) without a feed but it usually doesn't work or means I am up again 10 mins later so I definitely need a guide to follow if I am going down that method. Will look into those books thanks ladies. Sorry to crash the thread OP!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnygirl79 For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (21-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Could she be cold?
    DD was a great sleeper then randomly started waking almost every 2 hours. We have the heater on 18c, he sleeps in a short sleeve onsie, a bonds wondersuit and a 2.5 toggle sleeping bag. I thought that was enough but only recently added a blanket and he was back to sleeping between 7-10 hours in one go.