+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    I agree with this. But by them covering it up they have made an accident a life long burden. He can never be free now. His parents basically built him a prison by trying to protect him
    Exactly! If they hadn't have covered it up, rang police and said the kids were fighting and he hit her, it'd be different. Now they're all living with guilt and burden until they themselves die. With people constantly investigating them, even 20 years later.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    The autopsy found she died from trauma to her head AND strangulation. So whomever killed her didn't just stage that she was strangled, she actually was. They also found no evidence of rape in the autopsy but couldn't rule out some form of sexual assault.

If I remember correctly, they were the ones who had the Christmas party, so heaps of people had been in their house.

The DA chose not to go after them, regardless of the grand jury's choice, because they believed there wasn't enough evidence to bring a conviction and they would lose, and then almost 10 years later, they looked at the DNA again with new advanced findings and cleared them completely. If I recall as well, the DA that cleared them with the DNA was a new DA to the one that chose not to indict them. By now they had been living in Georgia for over a decade, this new DA in Colorado owed them nothing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    This is interesting.

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/rea...eb943174a5a7f4

I think it's pretty unfair for any of us to be analyzing Burke's demeanor as a child and now. His sister was murdered in his home when he was a child and he has spent his whole life since with people believing he did it, one of those would **** anybody up, both? Definitely. Comparing him to your own children's reactions is a bit unfair when your children have never gone through this type of trauma before.

Having been living in America when this all happen I can definitely say the family was always treated as suspects, nobody went easy on them.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (21-09-2016),babyno1onboard  (21-09-2016),Full House  (21-09-2016),MsViking  (21-09-2016),smallpotatoes  (21-09-2016),Wise Enough  (21-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    The autopsy found she died from trauma to her head AND strangulation. So whomever killed her didn't just stage that she was strangled, she actually was..
    The 'expert' they had on the show disagrees - said that there was only one cause of death (usually the case - there can be two traumas but usually only one cause of death), blunt force trauma. I won't go into details (gory) however they say the strangulation was an attempt that wasn't needed as Jon Bonet was already deceased at the time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm now terrified of something happening in my house and video footage ending up on international television. I don't need the world to see my mess!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

TheGooch  (21-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    The 'expert' they had on the show disagrees - said that there was only one cause of death (usually the case - there can be two traumas but usually only one cause of death), blunt force trauma. I won't go into details (gory) however they say the strangulation was an attempt that wasn't needed as Jon Bonet was already deceased at the time.
    The documentary's expert concluded that, not the actual person who performed the autopsy and wrote that 'The official cause of death was asphyxiation due to strangulation associated with craniocerebral trauma.'

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's important to remember these people were making a TV show. Like the former police woman who was involved in the case... Yeah she can talk about it but she might not have actually been involved much at all. And the former family friend who said Burke hit her with a golf club. I'm doubtful on a few of their experts

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

Full House  (21-09-2016),HollyGolightly81  (21-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't watch it...but saw a newspaper with a big heading about the show linking the death to the brother...whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty? Have people forgotten that this is a person who has to live their life? No one he's a bit 'weird' and suffers from anxiety. His sister was murdered in his house, and 20 years later he is still having the finger pointed at him, without adequate evidence to do so. It's pretty awful.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Full House For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (22-09-2016),HollyGolightly81  (21-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Just reading up on the DNA results from 2008. How did the show explain away:

1) the DNA under her fingernails

And

2) the fact that the DNA on her long-johns waistband matched the DNA found in her panties?

None of the DNA found on the long-johns, her panties or under her nails matched the Ramsey family or responding officers.

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/07/09/jonbenet.dna/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    Just reading up on the DNA results from 2008. How did the show explain away:

1) the DNA under her fingernails

And

2) the fact that the DNA on her long-johns waistband matched the DNA found in her panties?

None of the DNA found on the long-johns, her panties or under her nails matched the Ramsey family or responding officers.

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/07/09/jonbenet.dna/
    Now now, don't let the facts get in the way of a good story.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Full House For This Useful Post:

HollyGolightly81  (22-09-2016),TheGooch  (22-09-2016)