+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicmama View Post
    I think they had said the dna found on her pants could be transfer dna. I was starting to nod off then, so I'm not sure.

While it's kind of hard not to point the finger at someone in the home because of so many factors, it did seem like they were pretty set on that theory and they had set out to prove it.

From what I've read elsewhere:
    Regarding the dna, they were both only very minor amounts and I'm pretty sure they had varying markers, some of which were low and not really conclusive.
    With the fingernails, apparently the nail clippers used during the autopsy were not sterile and had possibly been used on other deceased people without being cleaned.
    The thing is, why would the new DA go out of her way to clear the Ramseys in 2008 if the DNA evidence wasn't strong enough?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Eta: even the link you posted atomic says one DNA source had 9 markers so was unlikely to have just been a random transfer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    The thing is, why would the new DA go out of her way to clear the Ramseys in 2008 if the DNA evidence wasn't strong enough?
    I don't know. Many people believe she didn't have the right to exonerate them based on that alone.

Eta: even the link you posted atomic says one DNA source had 9 markers so was unlikely to have just been a random transfer.
    Was the one with 9 markers from the underwear? Because they 'explained' that away with the test on underwear straight from the packet. Then the lesser amounts could have been transfer dna. Like I said though, it did seem like they were set on proving the family did it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Interesting, there's actually more than one docushow (and theory and suspects) running the rounds due to it being the 20th anniversary. Apparently if you watch the A&E special you won't think it was Burke.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.lai...?client=safari

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Interesting, there's actually more than one docushow (and theory and suspects) running the rounds due to it being the 20th anniversary. Apparently if you watch the A&E special you won't think it was Burke.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.lai...?client=safari
    Yes, I read that. I've been meaning to watch it. Apparently that one comes across as more open minded.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

HollyGolightly81  (22-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    On the topic of other theories and suspects, have you heard about Santa Claus or the young guy that committed suicide shortly after? They have some eerie connections.

ETA
    Santa Claus https://www.romper.com/p/jonbenet-ra...families-17735

Michael Helgoth http://m.topix.com/forum/news/jonben...L1CODMPECACJHN
    I know it's a forum, but it summarises all of the information that's out there.
    Last edited by atomicmama; 22-09-2016 at 18:43.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Perhaps you guys should check out the Unresolvedmysteries sub on Reddit. There's a JBR mega thread, plus multiple older threads.
    Be prepared to lose hours of your life though

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    This is a good article about the show:
    http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/...-wrong-w440970

I do remember the Santa Claus theory but don't think I heard about the other guy, will read now

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Reading this article, the DNA on the underwear is a spot of blood:

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...msey-case.html

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mmaf View Post
    Perhaps you guys should check out the Unresolvedmysteries sub on Reddit. There's a JBR mega thread, plus multiple older threads.
    Be prepared to lose hours of your life though
    It may be the thread I've had open since yesterday. I'm slowly reading it between getting sidetracked when looking for further information from thread posts haha

I find this whole case so interesting. There are so many theories, some of which are bizarre, but others seem really plausible. The theory around Michael Helgoth and another intruder is at the top of my list of theories I have read so far.