+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Lightbulb New Ways of Working (That Don't Limit You)

My work sees me leading projects that transform the way women with children engage with professional work.
    I am seeking input from women with children who are not currently in the workforce. Your feedback will be fed into key recommendations being made to a group of large corporate businesses that have the potential to impact the way they design work - making it flexible, easy to engage with from wherever you are and whatever your lifestyle and commitments, but at the same time giving you work that challenges you, work that is commensurate with your experience and interests so you can continue to advance your career, without having to "take a step back" due to your caring responsibilities.

I would greatly appreciate the input from any women with children who are not currently in the workforce in my online survey (particularly those who were in professional roles prior to taking a break). The survey takes about 7 minutes to complete and is completely anonymous.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/the-way-women-with-children-want-to-work

There is an opportunity to input your email address at the end should you wish to learn more about and stay updated with this initiative. Or feel free to reply on the thread to stay in touch.

Cheers,
    Jess

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    This has been an initiative I've been thinking about for the last year or so, but I've never had the time money or resources to start and always worried there wouldn't be enough work places who care enough about giving working mothers flexibility to work and still pick up the kids from school.

I think it's great you're doing this, so I've filled in the survey and I hope this helps you successfully get this off the ground, it is desperately needed!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

JessHallam  (19-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks! With growing evidence of the business outcomes from having a more diverse workforce, we're definitely starting to see more large businesses shine the spotlight on specific challenges for women progressing their careers - stating that its both the right thing to do but it also makes business/financial sense to.
    It's a step in the right direction, but still a lot of work to do!
    On flexibility - I was at a Diversity Council Australia event last week and it was so great to hear big businesses talking about their desire to make flexibility available to everyone. A default way of working for everyone that doesn't impact the ability to progress your career - now that is a future I look forward to!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to JessHallam For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (19-09-2016)