+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My kids generally aren't allowed juice. On very rare occasions I might let them have fresh juice (like maybe once every 3 months). They only drink water, milk and home made smoothies (which consist of fresh fruit, Greek yogurt and milk). They are (almost) 3 and 5. When we go to the snow we also let them have hot chocolate but this is a very special treat. Basically we try to be very strict with sugar, and they have accepted that it's just not allowed. Today we went to a bday party and they got lolly bags on the way out, they didn't even argue when I removed all the lollies/chocolates and put them in the bin, leaving just some little toys inside.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to witherwings For This Useful Post:

sproutx3  (19-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Mostly it's milk or water.
    Occasionally a hot chocolate, cold milo or watered down juice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My kids are 3 and 5 and have one small amount of juice (like the size of a baby cino cup) every morning with some probiotics/supplements. The rest of the day is water. I use supermarket juice, but it's always just straight juice - no sugar, like Nudie or whatever.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Juice and other drinks for kids

Mine have juice or cordial occasionally.
    Like everything else we have it in moderation.
    They know water is their everyday drink.

soft drink - lemonade on special occasions.
    Last edited by RmumR; 19-09-2016 at 21:00.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My 3yo has mostly water. She'll occasionally have milk or babycino (although she does have milk on her cereal so not worried if she doesn't have it any other time during the day).

We occasionally have juice (from a local juice place who make delicious juices!) or milkshakes.

She's tried some fizzy drink (I think it was lemonade) and despises them so she won't ever touch them now we don't drink it at home anyway

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 3 and 4 year old only drink water and milk. I never offered them juice when they were younger so now in turn they don't really like it so even if grandma/ birthday party offer them juice or popper they don't want it.

On very special occasion they have a 'milo' milk which is about a tea spoon of milo in a cup of milk.

We don't have any soft drink/ juice in the house normally.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Both my kids have straight juice. DD is 4.5 and DS is nearly 2. DS also drinks vanilla soy milk (in lieu of milk) they do t get fizzy drink (though they both try it if we drink it (which isn't often.)

Both started around 18 months

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 4 year old has mostly water; maybe a cup of cows milk/soy milk/expressed milk once a day. If she's sick she can have whatever she'll drink, and otherwise she has juice/fruit drinks/hot chocolate/babychinos on occasion, maybe 1-2times a month.

My 15 month old only drinks water and breastmilk at this point.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DS aged 7 drinks mostly water with a max of 1 glass of juice a day. He likes the occasional hot chocolate. We don't have soft drink in the house but he has had lemonade about two or three times on special occasions but never before aged 5.

DD aged 18 months has only ever had water and milk.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DD is 2 and only has juice on holidays (eg: at resort Buffett brekkie) or at parties. She drinks water most of the time, 1 glass of milk at breakfast (if I let her have milk with other meals she doesn't eat), occasional babycino when we're out & I've just started giving her a "milo" at home (tiny bit of milo topped up with milk in an espresso size cup).
    I'm happy to let her have soft drink when she's a bit older at parties & special occasions like Xmas, but we don't keep juice or soft drink in the house as a general rule.