Little Athletics | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Little Athletics

Does your child do it and enjoy it? Did you do it?
    Looking at joining this year with my 5yo. She's not overly athletic but willing to try anything. We went to a try day today and she liked it but my nephew hated it. I'm pushing my sister to keep going.

Did anyone hate it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I few up with it and loved it my DS joined up a few years ago and loved it then dropped out last year but has rejoined this coming season. The only thing he didn't like was that the same people where winning all the time but he's got his groove better now and I don't force training etc on him just go out and have fun so that's what we are going to do this season

3. The Following User Says Thank You to babybeeno1 For This Useful Post:

Wise Enough  (18-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I loved it, and did it for 5 yrs when i was a kid ☺

5. The Following User Says Thank You to JustJaq For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I did it as a child and absolutely hated it. I was not athletic and was no good and hated the fact my parents dragged me along to something I hated.

There are so many sports out there, why force a child to do something they obviously dislike?

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lil Smurfy For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (18-09-2016),Wise Enough  (18-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Smurfy View Post

There are so many sports out there, why force a child to do something they obviously dislike?
    If they don't like it after the 2 week trial I won't force them to go. I just want my nephew to step outside of his comfort zone and give it a try. It's easy to be at home with mum, much harder to be somewhere you don't feel confident. I just want him to give it a chance. Oddly enough he's incredibly athletic, his feet barely touch the ground when he runs. He was the main reason I suggested we go!

If this doesn't grab them I will try basketball next . Dancing has already fallen by the wayside. Swimming lessons can stop when they can swim to shore if a boat capsizes 5km offshore.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

Lil Smurfy  (18-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have just started doing it in the next over town. My very non-athletic 6yo is loving it. And he didn't come last in his race on Friday which was great for his confidence.

We're going to trial my 3yo in the tots. She is a social little butterfly and very active kid so I just know she will love it. Tossing up whether to trial my 4yo as he has autism and struggles really bad with competition/losing.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Ahalfdozen For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I did Little Athletics all through primary school and loved it. It's something that I will get my dd's to try.
    I like that it's something individual and not so much about winning, but just getting out there and giving it a go, as well as trying to better your PB. There isn't a competitive atmosphere, unless you go to the carnivals, but they're not expected if you don't want to.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My DS did tiny tots a few years back. He is incredibly sporty and hated it. The place we also signed up with was disorganised, so we spent a lot of the Friday night standing around whilst the committee was working out what we would do next!
    My DS is now 8, and has asked this year to return to littles A's. I wasn't too sure but we found a new club and he is loving it!!! The past few Saturday mornings, he has got up so excited to go and try and bet his PB.
    I think it was all about age and him not being to ready when he first started. My DH and I never did little A's so wasn't really sure what to expect.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to New Hope For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did it as a kid and loved it. One of the best parts of my childhood.

My sister put her kids in it, but she didn't like it.

My ds just started and likes it so far. We do it on Friday nights so it's always a bit of fun!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to misho For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    We've just started little athletics with my nearly 5yo and she hated the first day but loved the second week as she felt more comfortable. She loves running around so we thought she'd like it, thankfully we were right. We are going to sign her up at the next week & pay for the season. I did no extra activities as a kid so I want my kids to have the opportunity as I feel I missed out a lot!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to lulupetal For This Useful Post: