Windy baby with mucusy stool :( | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Windy baby with mucusy stool :(

My baby is now 2 weeks old.. She is breastfed and has been windy and farting a lot since being home, and I've now realised she's only producing a few of the typical breast feeding stools (mustardy yellow and seedy) they're now almost always brown with a tinge of green, and very mucusy. After some research it could be that she's intolerant to lactose (or something else?) I won't be able to see the doctor until Monday, don't know what to do starting from this minute I am cutting dairy out of my diet.

Besides this she is very settled/sleeping well and produces many wet nappies also.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Have you eaten any foods at all that could affect your milk supply. I've found that and with my first when I get a green poop I elimate the food I had 24hrs prior. So yesterday we had s green poop and the night before I had sticky date pudding with my dinner so it was to sweet and strong for baby. I've also cut back on the amount of milk I'm drinking as bubs was getting irritated on their facial skin I did that and DS skin cleared up. Keep a food diary that will help you aswell

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Get a milk protein allergy test

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My DD had lactose intolerance from very early on. She has a very bloated belly along with green, frothy poos.
    She passed a lot of wind too.
    Pretty much every time I breast fed, she had diarrhoea. Was a bit disheartening...