+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 5 days late

Hi all im 5 days late with 2 neg tests. I do not want to be preg as i already have 6 children one with special needs. Hope its just being late.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I suggest getting a blood test. All the best xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you ill just wait it out. We been using the pull out method religously. My cycle is anywhere from 27 to 34 days.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    If you're cycle isn't like clockwork I wouldn't stress just yet. However if you really don't want to get pregnant I would look into more reliable contraception (I say this because I just met DH's mate's 3 month old "pull out baby" a few weeks ago).

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stretched For This Useful Post:

BettyV  (17-09-2016),gingermillie  (16-09-2016),TheGooch  (16-09-2016)

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by kazza87 View Post
    Thank you ill just wait it out. We been using the pull out method religously. My cycle is anywhere from 27 to 34 days.
    You need to see a Dr and discuss more reliable birth control if you're sure you don't want anymore children. Honestly I'm surprised that anyone with 6 children would think the pull out method was even a method of birth control, it's THAT unreliable

7. The Following User Says Thank You to TheGooch For This Useful Post:

gingermillie  (16-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks guys. Yes i know its not teliable but been working for over a year. I cant take hormonal contraceptives of any kind i get hives. On wait list for tubes

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks guys. Yes i know its not teliable but been working for over a year. I cant take hormonal contraceptives of any kind i get hives. On wait list for tubes
    I understand, they don't agree with me either. We usually start with nothing but put a condom on before the end and it's been working for 3 years (and history says we're pretty fertile). AF was a week late a few months ago (my cycle varies a little nowadays but I was sure I knew when I had ovulated as I got good at reading the signs while TTC). It hit home for me how risky we are being but I'm growing old waiting for DH to pluck up the courage to get the snip currently.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I would be looking at non hormonal options, there are numerous. Condoms, the IUD, diaphragm, a vasectomy. The latter is a quick and easy procedure for your husband.

At 5 days late, I would say it's just a late period as it would show on a HPT by now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Default 5 days late

1 year is not a reliable benchmark. I understand you can't take hormonal contraceptives however if you don't want to get pregnant then don't rely on the pull out method! It's not reliable! Get hubby to put on a condom or get the snip. Or abstain.
    Last edited by VicPark; 16-09-2016 at 22:29.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh Hun, as others have said if you don't want any more babies then the pull out is not for you. Pre ejaculation can still get you pregnant aswell. Condoms, iud or your DP to get the snip although that isn't full proof for 12 months.