+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    $116.50 for DS - he's almost 2 nd goes 3 days per week.
    $107 for DD - she's almost 5 and goes 3 days per fortnight (does government funded preschool and does 5 day fortnights there).

We are eligible for CCR rebate only so we pay less than that per weeks.

Its a not for profit chain long day care located in the suburbs in the ACT.
    Covers morning and afternoon tea and lunch

Thanks
    Reviews
    My kids went to a community preschool (9-3.30). Full fares was $35 a day...they had extended hours which meant your child could go from 8.30-4 for an extra $10. You provided everything.
    OOSH when all of mine were at primary school cost us $189 per afternoon (3 hours).
    Pre-school was far cheaper!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Childcare - how much do you pay?

$105 per day per child before rebate so $52.50 ea ( don't meet cap)

Edit doesn't include Nappies but does include all food
    Last edited by maternidade; 16-09-2016 at 06:39.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Until recently we used long day care, it's an independent centre and we paid $85 a day for my 2 yr olds room. Didn't include nappies but included everything else. No discount for absences apart from two weeks of holiday time which is 50% off if you tell them at least two weeks in advance.

Then I changed to family day care. It's $8.50 an hour including the fee the scheme charge. Educator gets $7 an hour.

We're on the Gold Coast. Two Kids. They do 3x days a week. Plus my oldest is there for before and after school care on those days. I love it, apart from making everyone's lunches which I didn't have to do at the centre!!!

When we were in Canberra the long day care was heaps more expensive. When we left 3 yrs ago it was $100 a day so would be more than that now with yearly fee increases.
    Last edited by Bond Girl; 16-09-2016 at 06:41.

Thanks
    Reviews

I have a 2yr old in childcare 3 days/week for $112/day. That includes all food (breakfast, morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea, and dinner if desired), nappies, wipes, and all activities. The centre also provides their hat, drink bottle, and sheets.
    The centre is in metro ACT.
    Last edited by BettyV; 16-09-2016 at 08:00.

Thanks
    Reviews

$130 per day. It's for children 2yrs and up. Everything is provided (nappies, food *breakfast, morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea and late snack).. It's long day care, 7.30am til 6pm. The centre is great and is split into 2 rooms for the younger ones and the pre-schoolers (and they have a preschool/prep program).

We get about half of that back, as they only go 3 days a week so I don't think we go over the limit.

ETA - we don't get discounts for sick days but if one of their days falls on a public holiday they offer a make-up day. This isn't offered for full time kids.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone this has been really interesting. My centre seems to be at the lower end of the fee scale. It has a great reputation and a huge waiting list. It's been good so far.
    I get the rebate and a tiny amount of CCB. Because she only goes 2 days a week at the moment we don't run out of rebate so out of pocket cost is about $85 which isn't too bad. But makes me very thankful only to have one child.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

witherwings  (16-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I have my 6m old ds in long daycare (6:30am - 6:30pm, we drop him off around 8am though and collect around 6pm) 3 days a week. cost is $133 a day and that includes all nappies and any food. obviously we have to supply our own bottles and formula but the babies get served the infants menu which is purées etc. so he has a bit of that whilst he's there.

I am pretty sure we pay regardless of absence/public holiday etc.

they do offer a 50% "fee holiday" for 4 weeks (based on your usual weekly attendance). so if you're going away, you can let them know in advance and you get your fees for that period charged at 50% of the usual daily rate.

this is in Vic, the centre is located in an inner city suburb, maybe 3 or 4km out of the cbd.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    just read through all the responses and I think I'm getting torn a new one at my centre!!

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    DS is starting at a private preschool next year, it's $80 per day (8am-4pm). I provide lunch, they do morning and afternoon tea.

He's going 2 days a week and I'm eligible for CCB and CCR but I'm not sure what that'll equate to in terms of OOP costs.

I'm in north west Sydney.