Childcare - how much do you pay? | Page 2 | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We have 2 in fulltime care and private school fees for the other. We pay full fees:

Ds1 (18months) $512/week only includes meals - no nappies/wipes/tissues
    Dd2 (3.5years) $375/week nothing included - we make lunches/take tissues/sunscreen etc
    Dd1 (8.5 years) $50/week school fees and $100/week OHSC. Only late afternoon snack included in OHSC fees. 😑

And no, we arent 'rich'. We only get the max CCR of $7500 back for Ds1 and Dd2. Only 50% on the OHSC for Dd1. Its a very expensive exercise...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    $87 per day ($43.50 after CCR) at an early learning centre attached to a private school. They don't charge for any days the centre isn't open (ie public holidays and 2 weeks over Christmas).

Doesn't include nappies or food.

This is in Qld (Sunshine Coast).

I currently have one child in 3 days per week (kindy).

It's an early learning centre - more structured than any daycare centre I have visited or used, and the youngest room has a minimum age of 2.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Childcare - how much do you pay?

1 child 2 yrs old $95 per day including all food, supply own nappies. WA regional centre, community run daycare (not for profit).
    ETA: we pay for public holidays & sick days, but don't get charged for the Xmas closure & the centre will attempt to onsell planned absent days (eg: holidays) as casual days to other children if we give them 2 weeks notice.
    Last edited by rosey82; 15-09-2016 at 21:38.

Thanks
    Reviews

DS 1 is in school DS2 is 9wks will start daycare 2 months before I go back to work so I can have some time to myself 2 days a week. $108 per day I supply nappies and food for baby room. Toddler room when 2 I supply nappies, 2 pieces of fruit each day, breakfast if early drop off and a snack if a late pick up, long day care centre 630am-630. Privately owned for nearly 30 yrs and very hard to get into. The nursery mum is my old kindy teacher lol. I'm in Adelaide about 15kms south near the beach. We have to pay for public holidays and the centre is open over the Xmas period

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DD is 3. They charge $93 per day. Are open 7am - 6pm. They supply everything except nappies and formula if required. We pay for public holidays and absences. Get 2 weeks holidays per year at half pay. They are a community childcare centre in suburban Adelaide

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

About $98 a day for long day care per child, open 6.30 - 6.00. They provide everything except nappies. In terms of meals they do breakfast, morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are approx 4km from the CBD and pay about $135/day for our 2.5 yr old. Long day care open 6.30am - 6pm.

edit: they provide everything except nappies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've used 4 different daycares due to moving over the past 8 years. All have included meals and nappies, no formula. All family/private run and these are full fees before and rebates etc.

$60ish a day. Regional WA, 4 room centre. We supplied tissues and sunscreen.
    $80ish a day, rural WA closer to Perth, smaller centre.
    $86 a day, outer suburban Melbourne. 5 room centre. Every other centre we were on a waiting list for was $105-115.
    $83 day country Vic, 20 minutes drive from the outer burbs. 4 room centre.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Ours is $450 per week for a kid going full time.
    105$ per day for those going part time

All included, nappies, home made lunch. 7.30am to 6pm
    It's a not for profit long day care in inner Melbourne.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

I've used 2 centres.

One is a council run non-profit centre, the other one is a small independent centre that is on the school grounds where my 2 eldest children attend school. It's also the before and after school care for my school aged children so one drop off is a huge bonus!

My eldest started at the council centre in 2009 and it was $63 day. They provided everything.
    My 2 younger children finished up there in 2014 and I was paying $86.50 a day each. I don't get ccb.

I would've moved my children to the one on the school grounds earlier but they don't take children until 2 years of age. They provide breakfast and a cooked lunch and sometimes a cooked morning/afternoon tea. Parents bring fruit for morning/afternoon tea, water bottle, hat, sunscreen, bed sheets and nappies (although none of mine are in nappies anymore).

My current centre is $75 day, so only $37.50 with the rebate. It is the cheapest daycare I know and I'm in Sydney, not too far from the city but it's not inner city. Even though it's a for profit centre the woman who runs it is in it for the kids. Sure, she makes money but she could charge everyone $90 day to make more money and still be the cheapest daycare in the area.

My before school care fees are $13 session 7:30-9am and after school care is $18 session 3-6pm! I believe these fees are cheap compared to other places.

First daycare didn't charge for public holidays but second centre does. Neither offer discounts for holidays/absences and neither charge for Christmas break.
    Last edited by BigRedV; 15-09-2016 at 23:47.