Australia zoo | Page 2 | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,937
    Thanks
    156
    Thanked
    651
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Dancer View Post
    I can't comment on the Australia zoo thing, but the weather in Bundy has been lovely for a wedding! Not today, because it's actually quite drizzly and grey outside, but mostly, the weather has been great! It's almost been warm enough for me to consider the beach.
    You could easily get away without a pram here. I've given up with DS. Everyone smiles at him, even when he is running away!
    Oh! That's excellent news!! Do you live in bundy? Wedding is next Saturday! Got everything crossed for good weather! I'm hoping it's warm so we can take DS to the beach!! The nights are warm? I'm not looking forward to humidity though lol. We are excited for some warm weather though. We've had to buy DS all new clothes! We had no shorts or anything like that lol

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,032
    Thanks
    808
    Thanked
    547
    Reviews
    2
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasselhoff View Post
    Oh! That's excellent news!! Do you live in bundy? Wedding is next Saturday! Got everything crossed for good weather! I'm hoping it's warm so we can take DS to the beach!! The nights are warm? I'm not looking forward to humidity though lol. We are excited for some warm weather though. We've had to buy DS all new clothes! We had no shorts or anything like that lol
    Yup 😊
    It's been about 24-25 in DSs room when we put him to sleep. We have a thermostat controlled heater in his room so not sure what the lowest would drop to. That said, DH and I slept with the window open last night, and I was wearing summer pjs. I don't think I pulled the quilt over me until 3ish. I'm pregnant, so I may not be the best indicator of heat though!

    We've only had one really humid day recently. And it's been warm for the most part, but there is a lovely breeze. It cools off quite a bit from around 4... but still not cold. I haven't worn a jumper in at least three weeks. I wear jeans and a tshirt most days. But only because they're maternity jeans and I don't have any suitable shorts.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    8,080
    Thanks
    741
    Thanked
    755
    Reviews
    5
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    You can hire a comfy pram (rather then an uncomfortable stroller!) through Emu hire. They'll deliver to your accommodation.
    Last edited by 2BlueBirds; 15-09-2016 at 17:39.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    425
    Thanks
    25
    Thanked
    94
    Reviews
    4
    I bought one from target when we arrived in qld and used it for the 5 days we were there.

    When we were leaving movie world, I walked into the pram hire section and asked them if they wanted it - they didn't want it but did offer to get rid of it for me.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    69
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked
    11
    Reviews
    0
    Just chipping in to second the recommendation for emu holiday hire on the sunny coast. We have used them for a pram and other things -really great, super easy they deliver to your accommodation, great service and prices.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,937
    Thanks
    156
    Thanked
    651
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Dancer View Post
    Yup
    It's been about 24-25 in DSs room when we put him to sleep. We have a thermostat controlled heater in his room so not sure what the lowest would drop to. That said, DH and I slept with the window open last night, and I was wearing summer pjs. I don't think I pulled the quilt over me until 3ish. I'm pregnant, so I may not be the best indicator of heat though!

    We've only had one really humid day recently. And it's been warm for the most part, but there is a lovely breeze. It cools off quite a bit from around 4... but still not cold. I haven't worn a jumper in at least three weeks. I wear jeans and a tshirt most days. But only because they're maternity jeans and I don't have any suitable shorts.
    Oh that's awesome! Warm weather is going to be so nice! I'm really hoping to take DS to the beach!
    If you've got any tips for things to do that would be awesome! We are there 4 days, one day for the wedding though lol

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,937
    Thanks
    156
    Thanked
    651
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2BlueBirds View Post
    You can hire a comfy pram (rather then an uncomfortable stroller!) through Emu hire. They'll deliver to your accommodation.
    Quote Originally Posted by MissEdinburgh View Post
    Just chipping in to second the recommendation for emu holiday hire on the sunny coast. We have used them for a pram and other things -really great, super easy they deliver to your accommodation, great service and prices.
    Thanks! I'll look into it I've never heard of it.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,937
    Thanks
    156
    Thanked
    651
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Taffabella View Post
    I bought one from target when we arrived in qld and used it for the 5 days we were there.

    When we were leaving movie world, I walked into the pram hire section and asked them if they wanted it - they didn't want it but did offer to get rid of it for me.
    Thanks! That's an option if I need it. I'm happy to donate after we finish as well so will depend on how I feel that day haha

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,032
    Thanks
    808
    Thanked
    547
    Reviews
    2
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasselhoff View Post
    Oh that's awesome! Warm weather is going to be so nice! I'm really hoping to take DS to the beach!
    If you've got any tips for things to do that would be awesome! We are there 4 days, one day for the wedding though lol
    On Sundays, the sugar cane train runs about every 15 minutes between 10 and 3:30 (they have a lunch break between 12 and 12:30 I think). It's at the botanic gardens. My DS thinks it is the absolute bomb.

    Also at the gardens:
    - a huge pond (or a small lake) with loads of really greedy ducks that love to be fed
    - Hinker Hall of Aviation and Hinkler's house
    - a little museum
    - Fairymead house
    - a playground and BBQ

    Alexandra Park is great, and it has a little zoo area which is free and keeps DS entertained for a little while.

    Kelly's Beach at Bargara is great for littlies. There's like a little lagoon area that's sheltered from the wind, quite warm really.

    On the way out to Bargara there is also a lavender farm and a strawberry farm. But, you can pick your own strawberries at SSS berries (I think that's what it is called).

    There's the Bundaberg Rum factory tours.

    At Childers there's a little historic section with an old school and stuff. It's only open week days. There is also a small reptile park just outside of Childers. There is an aviary thingy too - but it's got nothing on the one at Kuranda and I wasn't that impressed by it. Childers is about 45 minutes towards Hervey Bay.

    There is the Bundaberg Belle - it's a river cruise up to the port and back.

    Riverfeast is on Friday and Saturday evening and nights, and I think through the day on a Sunday.

    We've got a chipmunks play cafe too. I have not gone on the weekends or after 3 because it is just too busy.

    If you ever come between November and March, the turtles nest and hatch at Mon Repos. I'm so excited to go this year!

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,937
    Thanks
    156
    Thanked
    651
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh my god @Tiny Dancer! Thank you so much! That's wonderful! That's so helpful. I really appreciate it.
    I have a couple of questions that I'd love to inbox u if u don't mind. A couple of questions you'd have to love there to be able to answer lol


 

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 28-06-2016, 10:40
  2. Can you get Progesterone inj in Australia?
    By ButterflyGirl2 in forum IVF
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 30-05-2016, 13:54
  3. Australia Zoo vs Taronga Zoo
    By Angels4me in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-05-2016, 20:15

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Free weekly newsletters | Sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
sales & new stuffsee all
LCF Fun Languages Australia
Your chance to win the perfect tool to help you reinforce your child's language learning at home with our unique online learning resource, Babelzone! Enrol and pay online for any Term 4 Fun Languages club in Australia by Monday 10th October 2017.
Visit our website to enrol and find out how to enter
featured supporter
Little Rugby NSW
Catch, weave, chase, run, but most of all have FUN! Little Rugby runs a NSW network of fun, safe and non-contact footy classes for BOYS and GIRLS aged 2yrs – 7th birthday.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!