Australia zoo | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,937
    Thanks
    156
    Thanked
    651
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

    Default Australia zoo

    Just wondering if anyone has ever hired a stroller from Australia Zoo? We will be taking ds there in a couple of weeks while we are in qld but had no intention of taking our stroller, we already have heaps to cart on the plane.. I contemplated just buying a cheap Kmart pram but what am I ment to do with it afterwards? Lol.

    Any ideas would be great! Ds is 2.5 years so will need something. He's also a runner so need options there lol
    Any tips for flying and travelling would be great as well! This is our first actual trip as a family lol

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    10,704
    Thanks
    7,017
    Thanked
    5,428
    Reviews
    9
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    You could always buy one and donate it to a salvos?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    3,276
    Thanks
    536
    Thanked
    1,842
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamasupial View Post
    You could always buy one and donate it to a salvos?
    This. You should just be able to drop it off at one of the stores.

    When we went to Europe we did not being a pram/stroller and bought one while there. We then gave it to my mum to give it to someone who really needed it.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2,738
    Thanks
    318
    Thanked
    1,281
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    When we went to Australia Zoo they had these wagon things you could hire for the day for kids to sit in while you pulled/pushed them around. That was 6 years ago now so they might not have them now

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    759
    Thanks
    230
    Thanked
    286
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Buy one from Kmart and donate or leave where your staying or if you have friend it with them. For memory they are about $15 to hire I think we where there is March and went with friends who left theirs home.

    I'd just take your from home it'll go as checked luggage anyways and you'll leave it in the hire car when not using it

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,666
    Thanks
    3,742
    Thanked
    3,588
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by loodle View Post
    When we went to Australia Zoo they had these wagon things you could hire for the day for kids to sit in while you pulled/pushed them around. That was 6 years ago now so they might not have them now
    We have used these also am 99% sure they would still have them. I can't remember the cost but you could call and ask. We had 2 X 4 year olds in one so they're quite sturdy.

    There is also a shuttle bus on the ground and you can take the wagons (and prams etc) on these, they're free and run from one end to the other, stopping at the 'major' areas so you can jump on/off. We usually walked one way and caught the shuttle back.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,937
    Thanks
    156
    Thanked
    651
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamasupial View Post
    You could always buy one and donate it to a salvos?
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    This. You should just be able to drop it off at one of the stores.

    When we went to Europe we did not being a pram/stroller and bought one while there. We then gave it to my mum to give it to someone who really needed it.
    I didn't think to donate it to the salvos, that's a pretty good idea

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,937
    Thanks
    156
    Thanked
    651
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by loodle View Post
    When we went to Australia Zoo they had these wagon things you could hire for the day for kids to sit in while you pulled/pushed them around. That was 6 years ago now so they might not have them now
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl79 View Post
    We have used these also am 99% sure they would still have them. I can't remember the cost but you could call and ask. We had 2 X 4 year olds in one so they're quite sturdy.

    There is also a shuttle bus on the ground and you can take the wagons (and prams etc) on these, they're free and run from one end to the other, stopping at the 'major' areas so you can jump on/off. We usually walked one way and caught the shuttle back.
    Oh they sound cool! DS would love that. So they are a reasonable size to fit 2 4 year olds? I will have to give the zoo a call and check price compared to a pram. Only plus for a pram would be more secure to stop the little pain running away haha or are there straps in the wagon? Enough to deter him? Lol.
    We are going to Bundaberg for a wedding and will be there a few days so a pram wouldn't go astray but it's also not the end of the world without it.

    Oh the shuttle bus sounds great! I like that idea. It's been years since I've been there, so we'll before DS and DF has never been.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,937
    Thanks
    156
    Thanked
    651
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babybeeno1 View Post
    Buy one from Kmart and donate or leave where your staying or if you have friend it with them. For memory they are about $15 to hire I think we where there is March and went with friends who left theirs home.

    I'd just take your from home it'll go as checked luggage anyways and you'll leave it in the hire car when not using it
    Buying one and donating seems like a good idea. I think I will call and check prices anyway.

    I was going to but between suitcases, DS car seat and DF golf clubs ( of course) it's just an extra to take that I can get away with not taking lol

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,030
    Thanks
    802
    Thanked
    546
    Reviews
    2
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasselhoff View Post
    We are going to Bundaberg for a wedding and will be there a few days so a pram wouldn't go astray but it's also not the end of the world without.
    I can't comment on the Australia zoo thing, but the weather in Bundy has been lovely for a wedding! Not today, because it's actually quite drizzly and grey outside, but mostly, the weather has been great! It's almost been warm enough for me to consider the beach.
    You could easily get away without a pram here. I've given up with DS. Everyone smiles at him, even when he is running away!


 

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 28-06-2016, 10:40
  2. Can you get Progesterone inj in Australia?
    By ButterflyGirl2 in forum IVF
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 30-05-2016, 13:54
  3. Australia Zoo vs Taronga Zoo
    By Angels4me in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-05-2016, 20:15

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Free weekly newsletters | Sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
sales & new stuffsee all
JUMP! Swim Schools
Give your child a swimming kickstart!. JUMP! Swimming teachers are trained and certified using world-class techniques and best practice.
Book your free trial today
featured supporter
Heinz Baby Basics
Our BPA Free range offers you a choice for every stage of your baby’s feeding development. You’ll love our brilliant colours, inspired designs and innovative features. Heinz Baby Basics caters for your baby’s needs!
gotcha
X

Expecting your first baby?

Not sure what to do?

We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the
14 Pregnancy Must Dos!