+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Iui injection questions

Hi there.
    I'm new to this forum
    We have two children already conceived naturally.
    My husband and I are going for a third (and hopefully more!) but having to go down the iui road.
    We are starting tonight with clomid.
    I have a needle phobia. And whilst husband and nurses have assured me it's a small needle and tummy fat doesn't feel as much as other areas, it really doesn't help because it's a phobia lol.
    I have found many iui stories online but it's mainly about the procedure itself and not the lead up to it.
    I'd love to hear from other people their experiences of the injections. Both the chlomid and the trigger injection for ovulation (hoping we wont need that one as im very fertile - as long as it all lines up then shouldn't need it!) did any of the injections hurt? I'd love to hear about it whether you are some one who has a needle phobia or not.
    The nurse told me that the trigger injection can sting but the clomid doesn't hurt much but she is only going by what people tell her.

Hoping to hear some advice before my 1st injection tonight!

Many thanks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there!

I am doing my first round of IUI at the moment, I'll be having the trigger injection on Friday!

I've been told it doesn't hurt, but needles don't bother me though so I'm not worried!

I'll let you know how it goes! I'm sure it isn't bad!

X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you mrsrodgerdodger.
    My first clomid injection is tonight and then every night until they tell me to stop. Im hoping I won't need the trigger injection (as i dont have any problems in that department). That trigger one makes me more scared than the clomid for some reason.
    Good luck to you! Hope to hear good news from you soon!

I have just put on emla cream which means it's getting real (and scary!)
    Last edited by Evelynn; 14-09-2016 at 19:33.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck with your needle tonight!

Let me know how you go! Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh my goodness im still in amazement of myself. I did it! (well my husband did it) .
    I used emla and i numbed it up with ice too lol.
    It took 25 minutes from when he got it ready to actually putting it in cos I kept saying no and i really struggled with it. I even jumped up out of bed at one point and said to him look no i cant do this you're just going to have to find some one else. Lol.
    To all the people who want to know or are worried, I promise with all my needle phobic heart - it did not hurt at all!!!
    I think i may struggle a little tonight because it's mostly psychological not physical, but i now know it's not going to hurt. I can do this!
    I am a little worried about the trigger injection and the support rinjections if i have to have them as the nurse said they sting. I won't be having them til Saturday at the earliest if i have to have them so please let me know how yours goes mrsrodgerdodger and whether it does sting/hurt

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    See There not as bad as you think. Been there done that for many many years. The trick is to ice the area aswell to make it numb and just whack it in

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well done! Glad it went well for you!!!

I've been on the clomid tablets, not injections so it's been easy for me so far! I'm having my trigger of pregnyl tomorrow and will report back!

X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Off to get my trigger shot now!

Thanks
    Reviews
    No trigger for me today. The follicles aren't at maturation nor is there a dominant follicle! Back on Monday to check status!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh no mrsrodgerdodger! I'm sorry to hear that. Sending lots of positivity your way!!!