+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh I love the south coast. It's definitely an easy drive from Sydney. We've spent a lot of time there. There's the mogo zoo, and tours out of Husskison as well. Will be quite cool by April.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Tiny Dancer For This Useful Post:

Phony  (15-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    South coast is awesome, highly recommend it! Plenty of holiday rentals too. You can go to the beach, whale and dolphin watching, great pubs and restaurants, parks, close to Berry - it's lovely.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:

Phony  (15-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Eek! This is a tough one, especially since they dont have kids. I would be really stressed about finding a good solution. Where are they from? What do they want to achieve out of the trip? I would maybe even do 2 nights away with them with no kids- don't know if thats an option, or if its 4 nights with kids i would choose a house with loads of accomm and bathrooms so you can get on with it organising the kids etc. Walking distance from shops, cafes essential i think. Maybe you could arrange a nanny for a few hrs one day if an adults lunch is on the cards? We have beautiful friends without kids and try for a bit of adult time with them when we travel. For their benefit mainly. Just some ideas... as for location, somewhere within 3 hrs max. Driving out of syd easter weekend is torture!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to littleriv For This Useful Post:

Phony  (15-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Loving all these, haven't the time to reply just yet though - back later. X

Thanks
    Reviews
    South of Sydney: Jervis bay (we have camped here before but they have cabins also and lots of apartments surrounding the beach)
    Batemans bay heaps of accomodation
    North of Sydney: big4 at umina beach we stayed there with out eldest 2 years ago and the big 4s are amazing for kids with choice of luxury cabins for your guests. They had markets, the Beach, pool, giant jumping pillow, splash area (this was the best).
    Big4 at soldiers point or further around to shoal/Fingal bay.

All the places im suggesting are holiday parks. But of course there are rented apartments and hotels around them too. We just prefer holiday parks with kids and then the guests have the option of a cabin or accomodation nearby.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Soon2be4 For This Useful Post:

Phony  (15-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BB77 View Post
    Was going to suggest Berry too! But I've got to say the most beautiful beach I've been to in nsw is hyams beach. Google image it! It's also south coast.
    Hyams beach is gorgeous! I'd look at huskissons/ vincentia and day trip to hyams. I go there and wonder why any Aussie would fly to tropical islands when there are these beaches. Husky has beaches, playgrounds and lovely cafes and good pub. Not sure about museums and anything else cultural but I'd love to stay there without kids. Lovely walks by the beach etc
    We stayed in murramurang recently in cabins. It's full of kids but you could get cabins beside each other and gives them bit of space from kids. We like just hanging out tho maybe not for all. Our cabin was by the beach so perfect chill with a wine and enjoy views and heaps of kangaroos. For an Irish person it felt really Aussie. I'd love to take my parents there. Being safe for kids would be the bonus but you will spend all day following 2 yo on scooter!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Freyamum For This Useful Post:

Phony  (15-09-2016)