+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Thermomix

So my beloved food processor finally stopped working and I had always promised myself I'd get a thermomix when it died. But now, since all the stories going around about people getting burns etc, I'm having second thoughts. I've tried to do a bit of research but i don't really trust the stories in the media... Like is it just a big hyped up story or is the thermomix really that dangerous? I'm hesitant to contact the company directly because of course they will be bias. Can anyone help me decide if I should go ahead and get my thermie or get another food processor. Any insight would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Check out the new magimix expert cook I think it's called it looks much more amazing!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to monnie24 For This Useful Post:

dollypops  (13-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Love our tmx. Havent had an issue with it in 4 years. Neither has anyone i know (and that's a fair few people as sister was a consultant a d have friends who are consultants).
    Like anything you just need to use them as directed

5. The Following User Says Thank You to giveitago For This Useful Post:

dollypops  (13-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree with above, never had a problem with mine and I love it!! People burn themselves cooking with pots too, they have obviously not used it correctly.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Lozz90 For This Useful Post:

dollypops  (13-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've had mine for almost 4 years and have never had a problem with burning myself. Love it.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MaybeBabyIVF For This Useful Post:

dollypops  (13-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lozz90 View Post
    I agree with above, never had a problem with mine and I love it!! People burn themselves cooking with pots too, they have obviously not used it correctly.
    Yes that's so true! I'm pretty set on getting one but I have to convince dh that they aren't dangerous. I'll bring up that point! It's so obvious but so true. Thanks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've had mine for 3 years and it's the only appliance that stays full time on the bench top. I've not ever had a problem and would happily buy another should this need to be replaced.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to binnielici For This Useful Post:

dollypops  (13-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    From my understanding the burns have happened when the lid has come off while in use. When it all first happened thermomix sent me out a new seal that sits in the lid. I found it made the lid super tight and I didn't like that (I was just being lazy) so I put it in my drawer and kept using the old one. Fast forward about 12 months and when I was making tomato sauce (the quirky cooking one- DELISH!) it was super hot and on very high speed. I noticed that the lid was moving a little and I could see that if left it might pop off. I just held my hand on it for the few seconds until the sauce was finished. Then I fished the new tight seal out of my drawer and chucked the old one in the bin. Since using the new tight one I havent had the issue again. If I notice the seal getting loose over time I'll call thermomix and get a new one. Also I know one of the benefits of thermi is to turn it on and walk away while it cooks dinner but IMO it's just sensible not to walk away when you're blending super hot liquid at super high speed. So overall I can see how the accidents have happened but I believe that they can be avoided if you just take a little care- as you should be when cooking anyway! Overall I really love my thermi and have found it invaluable in feeding my babies and young children. X

14. The Following User Says Thank You to RedCreamingSoda For This Useful Post:

dollypops  (13-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    The model being sold now tm5 does not have the lid issues that certain batches of the previous model does. Plus there was user error involved as well.

As with any kitchen appliance you need to take safety precautions when using the machine.

If you use them properly there's no way you can get burned.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to felicia81 For This Useful Post:

dollypops  (13-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep with the new model the arms lock in place so the lid can't come off as long as you read the safety messages and your consultant gives you a good run through at your delivery you won't have any issues

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Anjalee For This Useful Post:

dollypops  (13-09-2016)