+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Real estate question

Help! I got an agent and I am so confused.

My tenants moved in on 18.8

I haven't received any rent.

It's paid by monthly? What does that mean I googled it said 2 times a month. Well she said 2 dates and by her saying that I should of been paid three times by then.

I rang the reisa and the guy said are u desperate for money? R U KIDDING?! 😡

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My tenants pay the agent fortnightly and my agent forwards the rent (minus expenses) to me once a month.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    How much rent did she pay in advance upon signing the lease?

Assuming she paid the standard 2 weeks, she should have at least made one 'bi monthly' payment by now and would be due for another soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Irrespective of agent, we've always received rent monthly, irrespective of the schedule of how the tenant pays the agent.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    If it's bi monthly they would do the statement run on the 1st and the 15th of the month so you should have received 1 payment on the 1st September - but they would have taken the first weeks rent plus GST and any lease prep and advertising out so maybe you didn't have any rent left? Either way you should still get a statement - just call them and confirm you are you getting a payment on the 15th ( in 2 days) and why you didn't get anything on the 1st ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    14th & 28th are the days they process apparently. It's been nearly a whole month but they take the fees out of each week. I get $300 pw and then council rates water.

I rang and they were like 'if she decides to stay ahead?' Wtf. My actual agent just quit last minute so I have a totally different person to who I signed too so I'm really ****ed off 😥

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    So you should have got something on the 28? If they are like this in the first month you've been with them I doubt it will get better so go find another agent and change - you only need to give 30 days notice and your new agent will do all the change over stuff

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    So you should have got something on the 28? If they are like this in the first month you've been with them I doubt it will get better so go find another agent and change - you only need to give 30 days notice and your new agent will do all the change over stuff
    Thanks I will **** me can **** get any worse 😪😪😰😰

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm fortnightly with tenants but I do it all myself and send back receipts etc.

When interstate an agent did it all and it was monthly.

If an agent said to me "if they stay ahead" I'd have my alarm bells ringing !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babybeeno1 View Post
    I'm fortnightly with tenants but I do it all myself and send back receipts etc.

When interstate an agent did it all and it was monthly.

If an agent said to me "if they stay ahead" I'd have my alarm bells ringing !
    I did it myself previously but because I will be interstate I don't want too again sigh owning houses is hard work 😖