+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Moving from Vic to Nsw

This seemed the most appropriate place to post this, I am moving from Melbourne to Sydney due to my husband getting work in the city, I was hoping someone might be able to help me navigate where to live, I have family there but they love the city and I'm not interested in living in a tiny box apartment. So if anyone could help me find something close to what I'm after that would be great. I need a house with a yard as I have a baby and pets, I am looking for somewhere I can get to the shops with little effort as I have to take a kid with me every time I go, I also want somewhere I can walk my dog off lead. I would love a tree lined street but probably asking too much considering we need to have easy access to the Sydney airport. Any suggestions? Oh also I would prefer not to have to sell my organs to be able to afford it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    What's your rent budget?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Trying to keep it under $600pw preferably $500pw but my search is usually between that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Currently spending $420pw in Melbourne.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Sent you a PM

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

Tdez  (13-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Will you have a car for transport?

Is your hubby OK to catch public transport to work? And if so, how long would he commute for (Sydney is big and expensive the closer you get to town)

Thanks
    Reviews
    The husband is happy to catch PT and would prefer the commute to be 40mins or less, most of the areas I like are really far out so I'm failing at finding something suitable for everyone. Being near the water is a bonus, I have been gradually moving further from the city so have become accustomed to a quieter lifestyle but I still live close enough for convenience.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tdez View Post
    The husband is happy to catch PT and would prefer the commute to be 40mins or less, most of the areas I like are really far out so I'm failing at finding something suitable for everyone. Being near the water is a bonus, I have been gradually moving further from the city so have become accustomed to a quieter lifestyle but I still live close enough for convenience.
    What are the places that you like at the moment?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I like the hills, and up past Hornsby, Brooklyn looks amazing, up that way seems like a lovely place to live but not really workable considering the husband is working near the airport.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Tdez View Post
    I like the hills, and up past Hornsby, Brooklyn looks amazing, up that way seems like a lovely place to live but not really workable considering the husband is working near the airport.
    It would be over an hour and half commute each way up there from the airport.

Look around the southern suburbs, though being Sydney and wanting to be close to airport & water, your budget might not be workable.

Sutherland shire is nice, up around Gymea and even Janalli. It's also got a train line with easy access to the city and airport.
    Last edited by misho; 13-09-2016 at 15:19.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to misho For This Useful Post:

Tdez  (13-09-2016)