Kick counting | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Kick counting

Since hitting my third trimester, I'm reading a lot about kick counting. I don't know if I just have an extremely active baby or if baby maybe sleeps while I'm sleeping, but my LO moves about 15-20 times every couple of hours during the day - I'm talking full on rolling around in there and lots of kicks and punches (sometimes hurts or tickles). On a quiet day (when I think baby has turned to face my back) I still get a few kicks within 5min of waking up and always at least 5-10 gentle kicks a few times a day and as I'm settling in bed. On top of this I have started to feel hiccups once or twice a day which also count as movements.

I'm often told that I'm lucky I feel so much movement and it's a good sign, so is this kick counting thing just a precaution to be paying attention if movement slows significantly or stops for long periods? Or is it a bit weird that my baby moves so vigorously and often?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It's all about staying connected to your baby. Taking the time to pay attention to movements, generally at the same time each day, so you're aware if anything changes, movements become less etc.

FYI - hiccups do not count as a 'movement'

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Calstar View Post
    It's all about staying connected to your baby. Taking the time to pay attention to movements, generally at the same time each day, so you're aware if anything changes, movements become less etc.

FYI - hiccups do not count as a 'movement'
    Thanks, that makes more sense. I read somewhere that hiccups do count but it seems there's mixed info/opinions out there. Thanks for clarifying.