Ovulation- signs of no ovulation | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Ovulation- signs of no ovulation

Hey everyone, I am only new at TTC on our second month. I was wondering how people know whether they ovulate each month? Is there signs? How do you get tested? I've seen people post about a blood test from the doctor?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    There's a few ways. You may get some of the signs of ovulation (egg white cervical mucus being the most obvious, sometime tender boobs, some people feel a bit of pain on one side where their ovary is) but at home there are 2 things you can do to more closely pinpoint when you ovulate: ovulation test kits (you pee on an ovulation test for a few days until you get a positive - indicating you'll be ovulating in the next day or so) and taking your basal body temperature every morning (this will tell you when you have ovulated, so it's best to combine it with the OPK's - ovulation predictor kits- so you don't miss the window of opportunity for trying to conceive.

The only obsolete fool proof way to know you've ovulated is by ultrasound, but a doctor wouldn't monitor you in this way unless there was a reason to suspect something was wrong (i.e. You've been trying for more than 12 months with no success).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I bought cheap ovulation tests off ebay and started peeing on them 5 days after my period and kept peeing each day until it came up positive.