+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default PCOS surgery

Hi guys. I go in for a Laparoscopy, Hysteroscopy, Curettes, and dye studies next week. They are going to "bust" the cysts on my ovaries. Just wondering if anyone else has had this and what I should expect? Fingers crossed this will help me fall pregnant afterwards! Thanks ☺

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there, I've had this procedure done twice. By busting the cysts do you mean ovarian drilling? Both times I had the procedure I fell pregnant within a couple of months (using clomid) with my daughters.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey! My gyno was very vague on the process of it all that was pretty much all he said. I definitely didnt hear the word 'drilling' that sounds horrendous! I didnt even get a brochure thats why im looking for more info on it so im prepared and know what im in for, how long to take off work etc. If this doesnt regulate my cylce he will put me on clomid. Good to hear it has worked for you ☺☺

Thanks
    Reviews
    What sort of work do you do? I have an office job and where the incisions are made it hard for sitting all day so I would take at least a week off, more if you can. I think I had the surgery Friday and went back to work the next Monday (10 days). It is just day surgery but he will make sure you can wee on your own before he sends you. The first time for me I had to stay overnight coz I couldn't wee so I needed a catheter, but second time I was fine to come home same day. The recovery is a little painful but they should send you home with some good painkillers. Don't plan on doing anything at all for the first few days. What else would you like to know?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had a laporoscopy last June to remove stage 3 endo and a fibroid tumour I didn't have pcos but I fell pregnant naturally after 5 months and have a 9 wk old DS now. A friend of mine is due next year she had endo and pcos and 3 months later she was pregnant naturally. I had been on the IVF program for years she was about to start literally

So it does work that's for sure

I had 2 wks off work as I'm on my feet all day and lift or of heavy things at work

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much for the info guys! You have really helped. Its a little less scary now i know what im in for. I have an office job too but it involves walking to the printer and scanner constantly and our filing room is massive with very heavy compactus so ill be taking at least a week off id say! Im so happy for you all and the success with your beautiful bubs. I have a friend who fell pregnant on the pill and it just amazes me how some people have it so easy and fall when they are not ready while others plan and struggle a lot. Thats life i guess. At least there is help available ☺

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mac90 For This Useful Post:

babybeeno1  (13-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had all of the procedures you a are going in for, plus some endo removed, at the end of July.. I was in hospital for one night and it took me around a week to fully recover.. Make sure you take it easy and rest up the following few days, and get a heat pack for the gas that gets trapped - I had really bad pain in my diaphragm following the surgery, but most people get it in their shoulder. I started 500 mg metformin twice daily following my post-op appointment a week later, and have already found that my cycles have shortened and seem a lot more 'regular'. Good luck, happy recovery and hope it brings you some good news!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've had 3 laps before for endo and booked in for my next one in November. Make sure you take a pillow or towel for the car to place between your belly and the seatbelt for the ride home. Try to get up and walk around slowly as much as you can, as this helps move the gas around and relive some of the gas pains. It can take a few months for your cycles to settle down after a lap and they can be much more painful as your body is healing, but it does get better.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your help guys. Very helpful. My procedures have been postponed until the end of the month now! I just want it over and done with!! Thanks again for the support!