One better boob? | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    hakuna matata is offline The artist formerly know as babyhopeful
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default One better boob?

So both of my babies have seemed to prefer Ol lefty from about 3 months of age. I remember close to the end of bf only feeding DS from my left boob as righty gave up.

Dd is 5 months and she prefers lefty too. I try to feed from righty first but I'm conscious of not wrecking the good thing that lefty has going on. I know pumping isn't s true indication, but last night I went out and used a double pump when I got home. In the same time I got 170ml from lefty, only 100ml from poor righty.

Did your baby prefer a boob? What did you do?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Yep, mine were righties Not bc of milk flow but bc my left nipple is quite 'fibrous' and hard according to middies. So they have to work harder on poor old leftie lol I mixed fed from day one with my last, but would change to leftie once they had some milk in their bellies and weren't at that ravenous stage, to empty it a bit. Then change back.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

hakuna matata  (12-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Mine was a righty with DS2. This time it's early days but looks like leftie will take the prize

5. The Following User Says Thank You to binnielici For This Useful Post:

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    hi, I definately had this. First bub, would just prefer one side but I would always offer both sides each feed. I would start on the weaker one. My twins, I had to rotate babies every 24 hours. I fed them together, one hungry both got fed, and each day around midday, I would just swap babies to the other side. It worked fine, I bf them for nine months.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to SuperGranny For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Yes my DS was a lefty baby. Lol. My nipples are actually a bit different on each side and left is a better/easier one. I quite often ended up lop sided because his preference created a disproportionate supply despite my efforts to continue to try to feed on the right also.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to HeavenBlue For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavenBlue View Post
    Yes my DS was a lefty baby. Lol. My nipples are actually a bit different on each side and left is a better/easier one. I quite often ended up lop sided because his preference created a disproportionate supply despite my efforts to continue to try to feed on the right also.
    This is exactly me but the right boob is better

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default One better boob?

Both mine have preferred my right especially as they got bigger.
    I guess it's more comfortable for them and it's easier for me to cradle them.
    By 12 months ish dd1 only fed from the right. (Weaned her at 2 years).
    Dd2 is 10 months and only has a couple of tiny feeds off the left now.

I do notice a size difference in my boobs. When I just stopped feeding dd1 from the left I had lopsided boobs, at least 1 cup size difference. But they did even back out again. Thank god!
    Last edited by Little Miss Sunshine; 12-09-2016 at 14:08.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

hakuna matata is offline The artist formerly know as babyhopeful
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavenBlue View Post
    This is me! I think my nipples are the same though, I can't see a difference. Obviously my babes think there is!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it is pretty common.
    My kids preferred my left boob over the right.

I had a much faster let down on the left, plus I think had more milk ducts on that side as well (could tell when expressing). In the early days I could express the same amounts out of each side, however later on I could get way more from the left. I guess this was because they were feeding more from that side, therefore there was more milk.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I was definitely left boobed. I know expressing isn't a true indicator of a boob's capacity to produce milk but I was getting close to double from the left. poor righty