Studying next year? 2017 | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Studying next year? 2017

Anyone planning on studying next year?

I'm not sure on what to do. I'm torn between admin follow on course or something else. I need a job that's school hours obviously.

So been looking at courses. Anyone else

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Starting my Diploma next year and going onto my Bach the year after. The plan is all sitting there waiting to go, just trying to come up with the money for my course.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    What are u going to study? I always wanted to be a hair dresser but j think I'm too old now lol (26!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I've taken a break from my studies for DS, but will probably pick up one unit a semester starting next year. I'm hoping to be done in 2 years.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by monnie24 View Post
    What are u going to study? I always wanted to be a hair dresser but j think I'm too old now lol (26!)
    Paramedicine. I'm 29 so feel way too old to be doing it but dammit, I've put it off long enough and it's about time I chase it instead of dreaming haha.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hoping to but not sure what I want to do. Tossing up between a doctorate and an accreditation course that would only take a year.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You aren't too old I started my bachelor at 29 finished it last year had 2 babies during that time and just started my master this semester I just turned 35 😆

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by flowers21 View Post
    You aren't too old I started my bachelor at 29 finished it last year had 2 babies during that time and just started my master this semester I just turned 35
    I've already had most of my babies but we are currently trying for one more but it will be born in my diploma year. Hopefully doing all my study full time which would be 4 years for my diploma and bachelor, so I'll be 33 ish when I'm done. It feels like I'm starting sooooo late, but when I consider that my family will be finished so I can work without then taking time off etc, it probably works in my favour.

I had not the nicest parents in the world who told me I was too stupid to do anything of substance. It's taken my husband to convince me I should just go for it. Who cares if I fail.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've been doing a tertiary prep course this semester and hoping to study nursing/midwifery next year

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by monnie24 View Post
    I plan to study in 2018. I will be 45 😬😬😬😬 but from all I'm reading about age discrimination along with the discrimination towards mothers who have been out of the workforce I figure it's my best chance of ever getting a decent job again!