+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 76 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    So I got a flashing smiley on my Clearblue OPK this morning and another flashy tonight...CD13.

DTD last night but DH is now away for work for the next few days. If I O tomorrow, do you think we have had any chance this cycle?

Call me L for learner.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mmmkay For This Useful Post:

ChannyV  (27-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mmmkay View Post
    So I got a flashing smiley on my Clearblue OPK this morning and another flashy tonight...CD13.

DTD last night but DH is now away for work for the next few days. If I O tomorrow, do you think we have had any chance this cycle?

Call me L for learner.
    You might find you don't o for a couple of days. I thought flashing smiley means highly fertile but solid smiley is peak. They say with good conditions the swimmers can last up to 5 days.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MaybeBabyIVF For This Useful Post:

mmmkay  (26-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Optimistic October 2016 ttc thread

I just found out I didn't ovulate this cycle, so I'm out guys.

I went to the GP and because I didn't ovulate he tried to tell me I should go back on the pill because I quote "you are not going to get pregnant with your partners sperm in the next 2 months anyway so you might as well go back on the pill"

I told him that's not happening so I got prescribed metformin instead.

Am I overreacting by thinking the doctor was being a ****. The DF's sperm motility was lower than it needed to be but it's certainly not impossible and that is not what the same doctor told him when he got the results. He told us then that it was a little low but there's things to improve it and it would be fine.

Thinking about getting a different doctor, sorry for the vent.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by courtney03 View Post

I went to the GP and because I didn't ovulate he tried to tell me I should go back on the pill because I quote "you are not going to get pregnant with your partners sperm in the next 2 months anyway so you might as well go back on the pill"

Am I overreacting by thinking the doctor was being a ****. The DF's sperm motility was lower than it needed to be but it's certainly not impossible and that is not what the same doctor told him when he got the results. He told us then that it was a little low but there's things to improve it and it would be fine.

I would get a different doctor. Metformin? Wouldn't Clomid help ovulate?

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's what I thought and that's what I've read. I reckon I should definately get a 2nd opinion

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's what I thought and that's what I've read. I reckon I should definately get a 2nd opinion
    Metformin can help with PCOS but I was put on clomid

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well I had PCOS a few years ago, but redid the tests and now no more cysts so I don't know what he was thinking

Thanks
    Reviews

Most definitely would get a different doctor!! That was awful advice he gave. Even if you are having trouble falling pregnant, there's a chance. Why would he suggest the pill?? You want a GP that will support anything to help you get pregnant, not STOP it!

Xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks guys, I now feel way less crazy. I'm googling different doctors right now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well ladies it looks like I'll be calling it for this cycle - saw fs today and doesn't look like the clomid worked....again
    Had blood tests to double check but looks like we will be moving on to injections
    It's sooo frustrating

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Trytryandtryagain For This Useful Post:

InterestedWoman  (26-09-2016)