+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 76 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mmmkay View Post
    Does anyone else using OPKs find their surge really short? I've used them the last few months and I literally get one day of a smiling or flashing positive (on the digital OPKs) and barely a second line on the Ovuplan or First Response ones, let alone a line even close to indicating a surge... not sure that's normal
    I only got a solid smiley face last month on CD 12 then it went back to the circle. Currently CD 13 and still no solid smiley face just the empty circle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Swinging onto this thread because Sept hasn't worked out (but is still cause for celebration because at least I'm regular again, yay). I'll be testing on the 22nd, TTC my second child.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kaya For This Useful Post:

crunchymumma  (26-09-2016),happyfrog  (23-09-2016),Yogis Mumma  (23-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Does anyone else using OPKs find their surge really short? I've used them the last few months and I literally get one day of a smiling or flashing positive (on the digital OPKs) and barely a second line on the Ovuplan or First Response ones, let alone a line even close to indicating a surge... not sure that's normal
    That doesn't sound great to be honest, you might not be making enough LH, or you could be one of the people who just doesn't register well on OPKs. I would probably get a blood test to check your levels are within normal range to make sure you're ovulating properly. How long are your cycles?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to rhee1980 For This Useful Post:

mmmkay  (23-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by rhee1980 View Post
    That doesn't sound great to be honest, you might not be making enough LH, or you could be one of the people who just doesn't register well on OPKs. I would probably get a blood test to check your levels are within normal range to make sure you're ovulating properly. How long are your cycles?
    Thanks for the advice. My cycles are pretty regular - around 27 days. I had a couple of longer cycles (33 and 30 days) in March when I came off the pill but that's it. I will see how I go this month but a blood test might be on the cards.

Thanks
    Reviews
    i was thinking the same and I can across this in my search
    http://www.ovulation-calculator.com/surge.htm
    it explains alot

it basically says that one positive OPK is normal as the surge is very short and some people a lucky enough to catch the surge on the way up and the way down.
    Last edited by happyfrog; 23-09-2016 at 12:21.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to happyfrog For This Useful Post:

mmmkay  (23-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by happyfrog View Post
    i was thinking the same and I can across this in my search
    http://www.ovulation-calculator.com/surge.htm
    it explains alot

it basically says that one positive OPK is normal as the surge is very short and some people a lucky enough to catch the surge on the way up and the way down.
    Thanks for the link, happyfrog. It's really informative.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to mmmkay For This Useful Post:

happyfrog  (23-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok according to fertility friend, i need to test for ovulation from the 4th October. Anyone else new to temping and ovulation testers?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by IDreamofIcecreamSundaes View Post
    Ok according to fertility friend, i need to test for ovulation from the 4th October. Anyone else new to temping and ovulation testers?
    I used cheap eBay ovulation strips last cycle and am going to start temping. Both ideas seemed hardcore to me a few months ago, but four or five cycles on I'm wanting every advantage we can get!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Kaya For This Useful Post:

IDreamofIcecreamSundaes  (23-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Feeling a tad confused so I just keep dtd just in case!! Got my solid smiley Wed, but for the first time, I've also used IC OPKs. I think the IC keeps getting stronger...with today being the most! Also, cm seemed to be stretch and clear today...hard to tell on the other days tbh.

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1474609621.261150.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not that I'm going to try it, but does gender swaying work? Its a really interesting concept! Has anyone tried it and it worked?