+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I would hope that there is a lot of support in place in addition to this. And the gift voucher is more a 'reward' to treat yourself. Not sure if that's insulting though. Sorry if it is as I am not trying to be.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

ButterflyMa  (11-09-2016),Gentoo  (11-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kim85 View Post
    I was just showing that I think it's a load of Cr.ap tbh and to me it's like rewarding them for being smokers in first place so what about a reward for those who didn't to start with and those trying to be healthy. I agree with what little miss sunshine said too
    Geeze, the reward might be your healthy baby, your own health and longer life span. Smoking sucks, it's a sh1tty addiction many pick up under negative circumstances as a young person in life.

I think it's a great idea and yes, financial incentive may help when the "invisible" incentive of good health/improved outcomes may fail. I hope it helps a few pregnant mums to quit for good.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BornToBe For This Useful Post:

Gentoo  (11-09-2016),twinklify  (11-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Shouldn't I get a reward for being healthy and responsible for not taking up a filthy habit in the first place? It's a crock to reward someone for giving up something they should have the courage, strength, willpower and common sense to think about doing if they really cared for the child's health they are carrying in the first place.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think it's sad that a woman would give up smoking for $50 more than for the health and safety of her child. That to me screams that she shouldn't be having children. I get that it's hard to quit smoking and that's why some can't even while pregnant.. but if you can give it up for $50 you can give it up for the health and safety of your child. Seriously.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Renesme For This Useful Post:

BB77  (11-09-2016),katiana  (11-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Blessedwith3boys View Post
    Shouldn't I get a reward for being healthy and responsible for not taking up a filthy habit in the first place? It's a crock to reward someone for giving up something they should have the courage, strength, willpower and common sense to think about doing if they really cared for the child's health they are carrying in the first place.
    So you've never been a smoker I'm guessing?

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hasselhoff For This Useful Post:

BB77  (11-09-2016),Little Miss Sunshine  (11-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm supportive of the idea of a programme that will help a pregnant woman quit smoking for the health of her unborn child.

As a non-smoker I don't begrudge them receiving some sort of reward-based incentive, but is a $50 voucher incentive enough to break an addictive habit? I don't think so.

11. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (11-09-2016),Gentoo  (11-09-2016),HollyGolightly81  (11-09-2016),Little Miss Sunshine  (11-09-2016),twinklify  (11-09-2016),WinterJade  (11-09-2016),Wise Enough  (11-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Blessedwith3boys View Post
    You do. Your insurance is cheaper for one thing.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

Anjalee  (11-09-2016),rusty22  (12-09-2016),twinklify  (11-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BornToBe View Post
    Geeze, the reward might be your healthy baby, your own health and longer life span. Smoking sucks, it's a sh1tty addiction many pick up under negative circumstances as a young person in life.

I think it's a great idea and yes, financial incentive may help when the "invisible" incentive of good health/improved outcomes may fail. I hope it helps a few pregnant mums to quit for good.
    Then isn't the reward for smokers to not smoke a healthy baby too? Why do they need a shopping voucher? Maybe mandatory classes for those that smoke to be more educated on risks and maybe some helpful tips on quitting and some support? Instead of just giving store vouchers??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Both dp and i stopped smoking when i was ivf ing...but with all my bfns we restarted...as of our bfp we both stopped.
    I think vouchers are crap....if u arent gonna stop for the health of ure baby....a voucher aint gonna stop smokers either.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to katiana For This Useful Post:

BB77  (11-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by katiana View Post
    Both dp and i stopped smoking when i was ivf ing...but with all my bfns we restarted...as of our bfp we both stopped.
    I think vouchers are crap....if u arent gonna stop for the health of ure baby....a voucher aint gonna stop smokers either.
    That's exactly what I did. But dh couldn't stop grr