Christmas interstate. | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Christmas interstate.

My mother in-law has asked us if we can visit her this christmas and she will pay for our flights and can stay with her. Our kids re 6 and 4 and have never been to her house. My sister and brother in-law and their daughter and my other brother in-law will likely go as well. I feel guilty leaving my family at Christmas but don't want the kids to miss out on this experience. I have already layby'd the kids christmas pressies and can't take them all with us. How would you take pressies? Would you get santa to come again when we get home? Abd leave our pressies for them here under the tree? I don't want to fill our cases with just gifts. Would you still do stockings etc?
    The only airlines that fly are virgin and qantas do they do meals? We have flown internationally but not domestic and not during Christmas.

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by winterbaby View Post
    My mother in-law has asked us if we can visit her this christmas and she will pay for our flights and can stay with her. Our kids re 6 and 4 and have never been to her house. My sister and brother in-law and their daughter and my other brother in-law will likely go as well. I feel guilty leaving my family at Christmas but don't want the kids to miss out on this experience. I have already layby'd the kids christmas pressies and can't take them all with us. How would you take pressies? Would you get santa to come again when we get home? Abd leave our pressies for them here under the tree? I don't want to fill our cases with just gifts. Would you still do stockings etc?
    The only airlines that fly are virgin and qantas do they do meals? We have flown internationally but not domestic and not during Christmas.
    This is a really lovely offer. Your MIL sounds like she'd love to have you visit.
    It's one Christmas. Im sure your family will understand. Presumably your MIL has missed out on Christmases in the past so no doubt everyone will understand if she has a "turn" to host your family this year.
    I'd leave most of your presents at home for when you come back. Santa can leave them there for your kids when they return. Just take one or two things. Or check with your MIL if she's organised any presents. If so, don't take any for your kids. Just take something for them to give your MIL and whoever else will be there.
    Qantas will provide a meal depending on how long the flight is and what time of day.
    If there's no meal, there will be a snack, like a muffin or cookie or something.
    I think on virgin you buy snacks with your credit card. They have chips, chocolate, wraps and sandwiches usually.
    If you're concerned, take snacks or sandwiches in your carry on luggage for your kids. Or buy something at the airport to put in your carry on.
    Just be careful with fruit as there can be rules about taking fruit into some areas.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to TheGooch For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (11-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Virgin and Qantas are both full service airlines, if you are flying a long enough distance that will offer you meals.
    Request kids meals for your children too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Where heading to qld for Xmas and taking a couple presents with us for the kids but leaving most at home. DS who is 9 is getting a new bike and DS who will be 5 months he'll get not much. But the trip to qld is a present in itself as we'll do a lot of fun things up there again. All the parks and Southbank for nye on the Ferris wheel

As for flights like others have said Qantas is full service but some flights aren't depending on time and length. Virgin you'll get a snack and can buy more