+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default -ve, then +ve, and bleeding. PLEASE help!!

I had a D&C after a missed miscarriage at 12 weeks, 5 weeks ago.

This past Monday I finally got a negative pregnancy test, seen here. IMG_1473519984.598457.jpg. I see an evaporation line there now, but it's clearly a negative. I had hcg bloods done later that day, and the doctor told me they weren't quite at zero yet, but were very nearly there.

Today I thought I had started AF. Cramping, mild red bleeding. This evening something told me I needed to do a test. I don't know why, I told myself to be logical - I was bleeding, and was setting myself up for the huge disappointment of a negative test. But then....IMG_1473520128.767814.jpgIMG_1473520138.572412.jpg

What in god's name is going on? DH and I have been having semi regular sex since about a week after losing the baby, unprotected obviously as we would like to conceive again asap - our OB said this was fine and safe. So....have my hcg levels somehow dipped low enough for me to ovulate, fall pregnant, get a negative test, and then since Monday they have risen enough for me to get a positive test? Is that even possible?? It can't still be left over hormones if I've had a negative right? But the bleeding...if this is another miscarriage I quit.

I'm back to the doctor again on Monday to make sure my hcg levels from last week are going down so will obviously discuss all of this then, but wtf?! I guess I'm just looking for some...reassurance? Advice? Answers? Anything?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry, just realised those pictures have uploaded horribly . I'm new here and haven't uploaded a picture before, but I think you can still see enough anyway...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi.

I actually would say the first is a very faint positive rather than evap.

Those particular tests pick up small amounts of HCG. Even though your bloods showed small amount of HCG it could have been very very early.

Seeing the bottom test I'd say congrats! Go to the dr and get some bloods if you want but it looks super positive.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would go back to your dr for more bloods. I'm sorry for your loss and I hope this is positive for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would say the first was a positive too and the others definitely are so! Fingers crossed for you this your BFP xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Even if the first was a positive, the second FRER line is definitely darker...it wouldn't be getting darker again if it were still left over hormones from the miscarriage right? Trying so hard not to get my hopes up

Thanks
    Reviews
    They look clearly like positives to me. I couldn't explain all the rest, but I do hope you get some answers at the dr tomorrow. FX so tight for you. X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FeelinLucky View Post
    Even if the first was a positive, the second FRER line is definitely darker...it wouldn't be getting darker again if it were still left over hormones from the miscarriage right? Trying so hard not to get my hopes up
    I would say by 5 weeks it would not be HCG. And it is getting darker rather than lighter so it is going up rather than down.

Do you have any tests left to test today?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm buying a digital and some more first responses now. I just don't know what to think!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    How are the AF symptoms going? Is bleeding gettning lighter/ stopped, or heavier? I would think if you are having cramps and AF amount of red bleeding, it might be a very early miscarriage, sorry to say. But it it's only a small amount of bleeding, it might be a BFP with an implantation bleed, or breakthrough bleeding? I hope it is the latter and not the former. Plenty of people have AF symptoms and still go on to have healthy pregnancies. The best of luck to you xx