Good Ol' AF | Page 2 | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoopuf View Post
    OP, that sounds similar to how my Mum's periods went before she found out she had fibroids. It might be worth checking out.

Mine have never been that heavy - I have one 'real' period day, where I'll wear regular tampons and change maybe 4 times, then 2-3 brown spotting days. The flow stops completely overnight, even on the first day. There is such a wide range of 'normal'.
    I'm not sure what fibroids are so I'all be sure to look into it, thanks. My mother had issues with her period, I'm not sure what as I was quite young, but apparently she had everything removed as she was bleeding 3 weeks out of every 4, or something like that.

Wow, I'm so jealous of your periods haha. I go through over 2 packs (so roughly 20) super tampons and 10 overnight pads in just the first 40 hours. Then I go through another pack of regular tampons and half a pack of regular pads for the rest of the day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    That does sound very heavy. Has it always been this way or just started like this?
    I'm probably one of those lucky ones, spotting/light on day 1, pretty heavy day 2 (still no where near like you) day 3 is light where I wouldn't need to wear pad or tampon over night and day 4 is just a bit of odd spotting here and there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's always been heavy like this. Maybe getting slightly worse but it's always been a strict requirement to double up those first two days.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yours sounds very similar to my AF. Mine lasts for 7 days and is painful. The first day is quite light, then the second and third day is just horrible. I can feel it spurting out (yuck!) sometimes when I am walking or sitting and I usually have to change my pad immediately. I dont bother wearing tampons anymore because they soak through within an hour or so. I used to leak in bed when I was younger but I have found that it just all floods through when I get out of bed in the morning so I have to rush to the toilet lol. Since going on the pill a few months back it has slowed a little bit but it's still horrible. So much tmi in my post lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahalfdozen View Post
    I'm not sure what fibroids are so I'all be sure to look into it, thanks. My mother had issues with her period, I'm not sure what as I was quite young, but apparently she had everything removed as she was bleeding 3 weeks out of every 4, or something like that.

Wow, I'm so jealous of your periods haha. I go through over 2 packs (so roughly 20) super tampons and 10 overnight pads in just the first 40 hours. Then I go through another pack of regular tampons and half a pack of regular pads for the rest of the day.
    Sorry @Ahalfdozen, I've only just come back to this.

Fibroids are uterine tumours that are generally benign. Heavy painful periods are one of the most common symptoms.

What you've described with your Mum sounds exactly like what eventually happened in my Mum's case, before she had a hysterectomy. It is apparently genetically influenced, too. It can't hurt to ask about it next time you see your doctor.

There is more info here http://www.womenshealth.gov/publicat...-fibroids.html

Hugs. Your periods sound just awful, and you're a trouper to go through it every month x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the info @Shoopuf I might bring it up with the GP next time I go