+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olive Oil View Post
    Playing devils advocate here. What if you caught them filming up someone's skirt?
    Citizens arrest type thing?
    Take a photo of it!

In all seriousness I would not attempt a citizen's arrest (too dangerous IMO. So much can go wrong). I would definitely call the police. I don't know if I would say anything as I am not brave enough for that.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (11-09-2016)

I've been in this situation at a fast food restaurant. Sitting in the car, & a young man reversed into park next to me - but one away. He then wound his window down and started filming the playground of the resturant.... most bizzare and concerning for a group of 20 something girls - we were all staring at him. Once he saw us, he pulled the camera in and put up his window. Then kept filming. We left and went to the petrol station accross the road and called police. An undercover car pulled in next to him, & a marked car blocked him in. The detectives rang me and said when they had attended his house - they'd found numerous images of concern, & that he was being charged with paedophilia.

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm with LMS. By all means, if somebody is suss, report them or confront them. But in general, feeling like you can't take a photo of your children at the park because of other children? Cmon. I pretty much spend most of my week in our local playground and park as we don't have any outdoor space at our house, if I didn't take photos and videos there out of fear of what other parents think I would probably miss out on capturing 60% of the cute things and first time things my son is doing.

That said, I don't post photos of my children on social media and ask other people to take down photos of my children if they post them. But I've never worried about my child being in the background of strangers pictures as I guess I trust they have the same attitude as myself and LMS, that they aren't going out of their way to capture my child and could careless who they are.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

harvs  (11-09-2016),Little Miss Sunshine  (11-09-2016)