Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Call the police and probably mention it to the other parents that are there

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ok, so this happened. I was on alert straight away, this public filming of others without permission just sh1ts me. He was not being covert about it, just had his phone out obviously taking film of the several kids on the playground playing together (including my two).

I told hubby quietly, we walked up to him and he looked up at us and I said Are you filming our kids? Just respectfully, normal tone. He said, No, I'm filming *my* kids. Although the guy had actually just walked up and not greeted anyone or interacted with any of the other family members present, he was actually meeting his partner/nanny (I dunno which) and children. So he was connected, you just wouldn't know it. Anyway I said, our kids are in the frame and we prefer not. He nodded, put the phone away and that was it. I didn't feel embarrassed, I felt happy with how it went.

So obvs police would have been overkill in this situation, once I found out he was a dad. But I'm glad so many are also concerned about this kind of thing. I think it's crazy to just assume you can take footage of other people's children without even acknowledging the parents/child.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BornToBe For This Useful Post:

Phony  (10-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have probably accidentally taken photos / video footage with other kids in the background when at the park with my daughter. I wonder if people think I'm being creepy? And when hubby does the same if they think he's more creepy than I am?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I was in a similar situation recently at my kids sports class - however it was another 'known' parent. One parent was videoing his child multiple times yet I was behind him and could see he was getting the whole class in the shot. I went up to the parent and said I would prefer my child not to be in the shot and I don't want that footage going up on social media. The other parent said ok, no worries.

I also spoke with the class 'teacher' and asked them to keep an eye on parents with cameras.

So I would have no hesitation approaching another adult in the playground filming kids (unless I felt unsafe then I would reassess).

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

BluePixie  (10-09-2016),BornToBe  (10-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JR03 View Post
    I have probably accidentally taken photos / video footage with other kids in the background when at the park with my daughter. I wonder if people think I'm being creepy? And when hubby does the same if they think he's more creepy than I am?
    Why not keep personal filming for memories,sharing etc to private events, not public playgrounds and classes?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BornToBe View Post
    Why not keep personal filming for memories,sharing etc to private events, not public playgrounds and classes?
    I have taken photos in the playground of DS and DD.

Although I make sure its not when other kids are interacting or in the frame.

I actually had a few pics of DS in the skate park the other day. It was a huge achievement as he has not had the confidence to go down hills but was going for it at the skatepark.

There was a girl there. I got her in a few pics but the pic I posted up had her cropped out. Even the ones I send to DH are similar.

So I am not against taking pics/photos. Just of other kids that are not your own.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree, but I think with film it is harder to keep kids out of the frame in a crowded public area, and how would you crop them out before sharing it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BornToBe View Post
    I agree, but I think with film it is harder to keep kids out of the frame in a crowded public area, and how would you crop them out before sharing it?
    I agree with film it is harder. I don't take too much video. And if it had another kid I don't ever share with anyone or on social media. I do show DH on my phone if it is something DS has done that is memorable. Otherwise I delete (and my phone you can edit the video and delete sections).

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Another playground thread

Am it the only one who thinks people are becoming far too precious and paranoid about their kids being accidentally being filmed in the background?

I understand maybe those who are high profile or other certain professions, but seriously what is the big deal about a parent filming and focusing on their kid at an event/park/school thing and another kid is caught in the background playing or something? I don't know their names, their is no real way to link them on social media, it's just a random kid in the background playing or whatever FFS.

Eta: just to clarify not referring to the op or blatant filming of other kids, just accidental capturing of kids in the background
    Last edited by Little Miss Sunshine; 10-09-2016 at 09:42.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

BettyV  (10-09-2016),HollyGolightly81  (11-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I see what you're saying LMS.

For me I am a private person personally. With everything. I really dislike people taking photos of me, my kids etc and posting it on social media. Even my MIL taking photos I have posted and printing them out and hanging them around her house bothers me (in saying that FB makes the photo quality s***). So for me it is a case of I do not like if it happens to me so do not want to do it to anyone else.