Me again - toilet training advice | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
    rainbow road is online now look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Me again - toilet training advice

Hi experienced and wise parents! Help me please.

We started toilet training DS a week ago tomorrow. For the most part he's great. He is getting much better at telling me when he needs to wee, can hold on longer and will use both the potty and toilet.

I was stressed about going out, but it turns out he's MUCH better when we are out than at home. At home he just seems to forget to tell me and comes running to me after he's wet himself.

Any advice for combatting this? I do take him to the toilet when I need to wee (which is always being almost 36 weeks pregnant) and I don't make a big deal over accidents. I assume it's just something that'll come with time, just wondering if there's any thing that can help me help him along at home. He doesn't it when we are out so I know he's able to.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'd say he's more distracted at home and doesn't realise he needs to go, until it's too late. Apart from taking him regularly or reminding him regularly, I think you just need to wait until he starts recognizing earlier that he needs to go.

Or keep an eye on him and look for signs that he needs to go. DD will step from one foot to another and be incapable of standing still. That's the telltale sign that she needs to go

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Smurfy View Post
    I'd say he's more distracted at home and doesn't realise he needs to go, until it's too late. Apart from taking him regularly or reminding him regularly, I think you just need to wait until he starts recognizing earlier that he needs to go.

Or keep an eye on him and look for signs that he needs to go. DD will step from one foot to another and be incapable of standing still. That's the telltale sign that she needs to go
    This. All of this.

rainbow road is online now look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Yep. That's what I reckon too. I will just take him more often when we are home and remind him. At least it's easier to deal with accidents at home than out!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Following for help with this as well. DS is great in telling us he needs to go for number 2 but especially when home he will tell us while he is wetting himself. I do try & take him regularly but I worry with me just taking him he won't learn to know when to go.